5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Interesting bits..... USE #2 -Relieve Bug Bites/Stings – oddly enough, meat tenderizer can offer some relief from itchy and painful insect bites and stings. It ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer

Interesting bits.....

USE #2 -Relieve Bug Bites/Stings – oddly enough, meat tenderizer can offer some relief from itchy and painful insect bites and stings. It is a staple in some prepper medicine cabinets much like a staple in the prepper pantry.
    USE #3 – Burn Remedy – Meat tenderizer helps heal burns. To use meat tenderizer to heal burns, make a soothing paste out of it using water.
    https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...rizer_01142020
    Marica, JustAnotherNut and Annie like this.

@RedLion Um...that's a joke, right?

Meat tenderizers chemically break down the bonds between the cells of a piece of meat.

You really want the bonds of your skin/muscle cells broken down??

I guess that would be one way to 'stop an itch' - but...I'll pass.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    @RedLion Um...that's a joke, right?

Meat tenderizers chemically break down the bonds between the cells of a piece of meat.

You really want the bonds of your skin/muscle cells broken down??

I guess that would be one way to 'stop an itch' - but...I'll pass.
    Growing up, any time us kids got stung by a bee, wasp or what have you, grandma or Mom would make a paste with water and meat tenderizer and rub it on the sting. From what I remember it worked like a charm.
    RedLion likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

good to about stings.bites and burns..especially seeing how I've got some that I haven't used since who knows when.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukers View Post
    Growing up, any time us kids got stung by a bee, wasp or what have you, grandma or Mom would make a paste with water and meat tenderizer and rub it on the sting. From what I remember it worked like a charm.
    Oh, I'm sure it works. It's the how it works that's the problem.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukers View Post
    Old biker trick for bee stings is take a cigarette and start rubbing the tobacco firmly into the sting area and presto no welt no itch no pain.
    Marica, MountainGirl, Inor and 2 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Old biker trick for bee stings is take a cigarette and start rubbing the tobacco firmly into the sting area and presto no welt no itch no pain.
    Chewing tobacco works, too. Not that I carry a can but...
    hawgrider and Slippy like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Chewing tobacco works, too. Not that I carry a can but...
    Never tried that but yeah it should work just the same.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Oh, I'm sure it works. It's the how it works that's the problem.
    I guess I would try it on "closed skin" and see what happens? I don't have any at the moment.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Funny story about Home Remedies;

I have used Bleach most of my adult life to clean my skin after exposure to poison ivy/oak and it has worked on me. One time, Mrs Slippy got crazy and decided to help me clear a section of our property that had plenty of poison ivy.

So after a day of clearing I took a bottle of clorox bleach, put it on a white wash cloth and wiped down my arms and legs and let the bleach do its thing while I sat down and drank 2 or 3 beers before rinsing it off (The old 2-3 Beer Time Limit! )

Mrs S had one area of her arm near her wrist that she thought had been exposed to poison ivy so I poured a bit of clorox on a white cloth and wiped down her arm. She was skeptical and kept bitching and moaning that it wouldn't work so I said "Woman, quit your bitching and moaning, set the damn clorox rag on your arm, drink a couple of beers and we'll all be happy!"

The next day poor Mrs Slippy had a freakin' white patch of skin on her normally beautiful tanned skin that would make Michael Jackson proud! If you happen to meet Mrs S, take a look at her left wrist and notice the white patch that wraps damn near around her wrist!
    MountainGirl, hawgrider and Inor like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links