5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer

This is a discussion on 5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl Originally Posted by Dukers Growing up, any time us kids got stung by a bee, wasp or what have you, grandma ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 5 Uses For Meat Tenderizer

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukers View Post
    Growing up, any time us kids got stung by a bee, wasp or what have you, grandma or Mom would make a paste with water and meat tenderizer and rub it on the sting. From what I remember it worked like a charm.
    Oh, I'm sure it works. It's the how it works that's the problem.
    I don't think there was any negative effects. Although I'm still trying to figure out why I wear this bike helmet and drool bib all the time and I won't mention the short bus I take to work every day.😜
    hawgrider and MountainGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukers View Post
    I don't think there was any negative effects. Although I'm still trying to figure out why I wear this bike helmet and drool bib all the time and I won't mention the short bus I take to work every day.😜
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Old biker trick for bee stings is take a cigarette and start rubbing the tobacco firmly into the sting area and presto no welt no itch no pain.
    Make sure you put the cigarette out first though!
    hawgrider likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Funny story about Home Remedies;

I have used Bleach most of my adult life to clean my skin after exposure to poison ivy/oak and it has worked on me. One time, Mrs Slippy got crazy and decided to help me clear a section of our property that had plenty of poison ivy.

So after a day of clearing I took a bottle of clorox bleach, put it on a white wash cloth and wiped down my arms and legs and let the bleach do its thing while I sat down and drank 2 or 3 beers before rinsing it off (The old 2-3 Beer Time Limit! )

Mrs S had one area of her arm near her wrist that she thought had been exposed to poison ivy so I poured a bit of clorox on a white cloth and wiped down her arm. She was skeptical and kept bitching and moaning that it wouldn't work so I said "Woman, quit your bitching and moaning, set the damn clorox rag on your arm, drink a couple of beers and we'll all be happy!"

The next day poor Mrs Slippy had a freakin' white patch of skin on her normally beautiful tanned skin that would make Michael Jackson proud! If you happen to meet Mrs S, take a look at her left wrist and notice the white patch that wraps damn near around her wrist!
    Fels Naptha soap is what I have always used for poison ivy or poison oak. (But it doesn't work worth a damn for chiggers!)
    hawgrider likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Fels Naptha soap is what I have always used for poison ivy or poison oak. (But it doesn't work worth a damn for chiggers!)
    What? Y'all got chiggers in fireland?

Make sure you put the cigarette out first though!
    But wait.. if you put it out first the you still feel the bee sting.
    Inor likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

What? Y'all got chiggers in fireland?
    No chiggers in Fireland. Thank God!!!

The first (and hopefully last) time Mrs I and I experienced chiggers was when we met up with @Deebo and a couple other from here in SE Oklahoma. Mrs Inor and I must have gotten into a nest of them! Both of us were completely red and swollen from the waist down! I mean we were scratching until we bleed. Everybody told us to just paint clear fingernail polish on them. Hell, I would have gone broke buying enough clear fingernail polish to cover both of us! We had them BAD!!! The only thing that gave us ANY relief was to completely cover ourselves with Vaseline. And then, we were both too miserable to take advantage of the situation!
    hawgrider and Slippy like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    No chiggers in Fireland. Thank God!!!

The first (and hopefully last) time Mrs I and I experienced chiggers was when we met up with @Deebo and a couple other from here in SE Oklahoma. Mrs Inor and I must have gotten into a nest of them! Both of us were completely red and swollen from the waist down! I mean we were scratching until we bleed. Everybody told us to just paint clear fingernail polish on them. Hell, I would have gone broke buying enough clear fingernail polish to cover both of us! We had them BAD!!! The only thing that gave us ANY relief was to completely cover ourselves with Vaseline. And then, we were both too miserable to take advantage of the situation!
    Thank god we ain't got no chiggers up here. Just skeeters, black flies and knats.
    Inor likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

No chiggers in Washington.

Thank god we ain't got no chiggers up here. Just skeeters, black flies and knats.
    Yeah. We did not have them in MN either. Those suckers are just plain evil!
    hawgrider likes this.

Super Moderator

My mom taught me to make a baking soda paste for bee stings. Then I was taught (by a nurse) to get a bee sting out with a credit card. Hold it vertically against the skin and swipe the affected area.

For burns we use a some juice from an aloe plant.

Cold damp towels help to take the heat out of a sunburn.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links