The Ultimate Prepper Utopia?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Prepper Utopia? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So fellow preppers i am new here, a group of fellow preppers and i have been talking amongst our selves about an idea we tossed ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Ultimate Prepper Utopia?

So fellow preppers i am new here, a group of fellow preppers and i have been talking amongst our selves about an idea we tossed around and have decided to reach out for some input. Our idea was to basically buy an extremely large island like("Ilha Das Pacas" located near Brazil).The island is 36103.00 Acres. Our idea is to get a dedicated group of people together to cover the cost of purchasing an island like this. then basically starting our own little country. Start our own government, Militia, justice system. Sell plots of land of varying sizes to different people based on their skills and what there going to be doing. For example someone who wanted to start a factory of some sort would be able to purchase around 25 acres for their business, but there home would have to be located on the 25 acres of land as well as their own animals/ food plots. some farmers would be able to purchase more land because they would be helping grow for everyone and export for profits for the community. and ect. any ideas would be appreciated as well as opinions on how to start or organize something like this, as the cost is a steep amount the island alone would be around $10000000. then building houses and fnctional buildings and such will easily equal millions if not billions of dollars. not to mention training and arming our militia another huge chunk of change any. ideas,feedback etc. greatly appreciated

o.0

Hello and welcome to the forums. I am pretty new here myself. Thats quite the project. Good luck to you.

do you think this could be a worthwhile project?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Bat sh!t crazy.

Very intriguing idea, I like it. Have you thought about getting some serfs or slave-like poor people to carry buckets of human waste to the disposal area?
    James m, Jeep, A J and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    Bat sh!t crazy.
    is that a Its a good idea crazy? or were crazy?

Are you talking about the island that is towards the north, near Macapa? If so, I think you are in for a difficult time. Let me explain. For the last 15 years, I have traveled to Latin America, principally Mexico City, Bogota, Maracaibo (Ven), and throughout Brazil. Brazil is a large country but has a vast amount of lower-class / income people. In short, a ton of destitute people. Furthermore, getting a tourist visa is not terribly difficult, getting a 5 year work visa is a PITA, trying to relocate there is even more difficult. I would be afraid of being over-run by the masses. Then you need to learn the language, etc... I wish you the best of luck, but I think I will take my chances with bugging-in.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Very intriguing idea, I like it. Have you thought about getting some serfs or slave-like poor people to carry buckets of human waste to the disposal area?
    no, no slaves but the idea would be to have a fully functional society with everyone helping everyone. and we would have working sewage system
    Jrazz1323 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hansonb4 View Post
    Are you talking about the island that is towards the north, near Macapa? If so, I think you are in for a difficult time. Let me explain. For the last 15 years, I have traveled to Latin America, principally Mexico City, Bogota, Maracaibo (Ven), and throughout Brazil. Brazil is a large country but has a vast amount of lower-class / income people. In short, a ton of destitute people. Furthermore, getting a tourist visa is not terribly difficult, getting a 5 year work visa is a PITA, trying to relocate there is even more difficult. I would be afraid of being over-run by the masses. Then you need to learn the language, etc... I wish you the best of luck, but I think I will take my chances with bugging-in.
    I didnt mean that island in specific i chose it for its vast acreage as an example, and if enough people got on board i font think people will want to overrun us with bullets flying at them

Super Moderator

Other than what has been already mentioned plus the several, several million dollars needed to get a running start at it, it's a peach of an idea.

Maybe a better idea would be to buy land in rural America. Sure, you aren't as sovereign as you would like to be, but there are a lot of upsides to it.

Even if that is not a good idea to you, there is ex-pat alternatives. Again, as was pointed out, the need to learn the language is more than a practicality; it is simply good manners.
    Smokin04 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links