CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Swrock's recent walking home from work after emp thread gave me the idea for this one... but from a different starting point. Here are the ...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?

Swrock's recent walking home from work after emp thread gave me the idea for this one... but from a different starting point.

Here are the set of assumptions for this fun little thread:

It's Jan 11, 2020, you and your family are home safe, the sun is about to rise, and you wake to discover there has been a

1. Massive coronal event, EMP, whatever - with the result being permanent global electrical shutdown.
    2. No asteroids, earthquakes, volcanic events, etc; weather continues normally.
    3. Vehicles wont start, all electronics are fried, phones no longer work, no Google/YouTube to tell you what to do or how to fix things, all you have is what you already have or can make or steal.

What you do first, depends on your overall plan. Will you stay in your urban/neighborhood dwelling? Head to a bug-out location? Are you already living in a remote area all prepped-up?

Ready? Set... BANG!
    Except there wont be a bang.
    Everything that depends on electricity just stops.

Wherever you are, are you prepped for this possibility?

All thoughts welcome.
    RedLion likes this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Sorry. I can't comment 'cuz the innernets doesn't work.
    Annie, Michael_Js, Marica and 3 others like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Sorry. I can't comment 'cuz the innernets doesn't work.

Aw...c'mon; you're the font of information we all rely on!!

How about this. I'll tell you about our set-up, and you can pick out the weak spots. Ok?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post

Aw...c'mon; you're the font of information we all rely on!!

How about this. I'll tell you about our set-up, and you can pick out the weak spots. Ok?
    My set-up? Solar panels on the roof, batteries inside, along with charge controller and inverter.

Spare panel diodes on hand. Spare charge controller on hand. Spare inverter on hand.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

No, we're NOT ready and it's really weighing been weighing on me this week because of what's going on in Iran.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    My set-up? Solar panels on the roof, batteries inside, along with charge controller and inverter.

Spare panel diodes on hand. Spare charge controller on hand. Spare inverter on hand.
    So..it sounds like you're staying put, then. Right?
    Does your drinkable water supply depend on your solar system functioning?
    I'm not prying, just kinda looking at the big picture here.
    We can all live without the innernets; other things, like water, not so much.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.

Super Moderator

Fast and pray for the best. Light a candle, have my my shotgun handy. Bug in for three months or so and try to keep my head straight.

Then assuming by the grace of God I survive, then after the dust settles I'll look to barter for a horse and saddle sometime soon thereafter. I'll name the horse Friday. We're gonna be going way back in time, (Friday and I--tech-wise).

And if I do leave all you guys here at this forum, know I'll be thinking of you. And like the song says, when things go wrong with you, it hurts me too.
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

The Good Cop

Without electricity the whole country stops. Everything.

In case there are new people since the last time I mentioned it, we live on a dead end dirt road six miles outside a one stop light town.
    We grow food, keep chickens for eggs.

We could make it without society for a few months, but after that there would be really hard times.
    I once lived for a year without electricity, indoor plumbing, or running water and I really have grown accustomed to those things.

3/4 of the American population would be dead in less than 6 months. Maybe less.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    No, we're NOT ready and it's really weighing been weighing on me this week because of what's going on in Iran.
    I hear ya, and that's kind of why I started this thread. I think we're ready - but sometimes we cant see our own weak points. So I thought if I learned of others' preps - I might spot something we're missing.

While we build M.T. Acres, we lived without modern conveniences for about 12 months. It was a hell of a lot of work and was not fun (building the place was a blast; cooking food, washing clothes, taking a dump, etc., not so much), but we made it.

Could we survive that way for multiple years? Kismet.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links