CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?

This is a discussion on CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl .......Does your drinkable water supply depend on your solar system functioning?........ Nope. Solar set-up is just for the fridge, freezer and ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    .......Does your drinkable water supply depend on your solar system functioning?........
    Nope. Solar set-up is just for the fridge, freezer and furnace.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Without electricity the whole country stops. Everything.

In case there are new people since the last time I mentioned it, we live on a dead end dirt road six miles outside a one stop light town.
    We grow food, keep chickens for eggs.

We could make it without society for a few months, but after that there would be really hard times.
    I once lived for a year without electricity, indoor plumbing, or running water and I really have grown accustomed to those things.

3/4 of the American population would be dead in less than 6 months. Maybe less.
    Agree about the country stopping, and the quick die-off.
    Quickly - there will be no gas for the gen to charge solar batts or run the water pump directly. Even with your own well, if there's no hand pump, yer SOL. Ya know?
    Even IF no 'stranger-danger' ever showed up - life would still be pretty tough.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    While we build M.T. Acres, we lived without modern conveniences for about 12 months. It was a hell of a lot of work and was not fun (building the place was a blast; cooking food, washing clothes, taking a dump, etc., not so much), but we made it.

Could we survive that way for multiple years? Kismet.
    That way? I think you could; you're pretty resilient. But I bet you still had power for tools, gas to run to town for food/supplies, etc.
    Inor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Nope. Solar set-up is just for the fridge, freezer and furnace.
    Furnace...like a 'forced-air gas' one?
    Those work great - as long as they're fueled. Not sure how long fuel (or water, for that matter) would be delivered/piped to you as this is a wide-spread event.
    Ah... I'm betting you have a wood stove backup for heat.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-10-2020 at 10:10 PM.

The Good Cop

Just the immense number of dead bodies laying around unburied would be a major health catastrophe.
    There would not be time or manpower to bury them.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Just the immense number of dead bodies laying around unburied would be a major health catastrophe.
    There would not be time or manpower to bury them.
    That would be a catastrophe, for sure. Luckily, like you, we're far from a sizeable population, and any 'remains' up here would be quickly consumed by the carnivores (coyotes, cougars, crows, hawks, etc)

we have a year round spring - backup solar panel, DC pump & battery - if they get fried, then buckets.
    When the propane tank is empty - that's it for the stove/oven.
    Garden which will need water.
    lots of solar chargers/lights, but, it will be a challenge...

I'm praying it doesn't happen as much as I feel this world needs a reboot...the main issue is that the "elite", government top-brass, and other worthless people will be held up in emp proof bunkers and pop back out when the dust clears and start the same garbage all over again

it's them that need exterminating, not all the good people left...
    Peace,
    Michael J.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Have about a three to six month supply of food for me and the wife. Keep 14 cases of water stored, 40 bottles to a case. Lots of cooking supplies, charcoal etc. Feed deer, rabbits, squirrels and doves in the 600 acres next to my house.
    Next door neighbor preps and is an awesome gardener, we will trade meats and vegetables. Can collect water off my camper awning.

Have plenty of hand guns, long guns and ammo. Also pellet gun and crossbow for quiet hunting.

In South Alabama it dont get that cold but I do have a fire place.

My main concerns are, my grown kids dont prep much, I would have to help them and grandkids if they showed up hungry.
    While I feed the wild game here I'm afraid everybody else near me will come after them once they get hungry.

Need to learn how to trap the small game I guess. I do keep a fair amount of corn on hand to keep the deer, doves and small game coming into my back yard.

If long term, dont know what to do about prescription meds. BP meds.
    MountainGirl and modfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Fast and pray for the best. Light a candle, have my my shotgun handy. Bug in for three months or so and try to keep my head straight.

Then assuming by the grace of God I survive, then after the dust settles I'll look to barter for a horse and saddle sometime soon thereafter. I'll name the horse Friday. We're gonna be going way back in time, (Friday and I--tech-wise).

And if I do leave all you guys here at this forum, know I'll be thinking of you. And like the song says, when things go wrong with you, it hurts me too.
    Will you always have access to water, Annie? Don't know why I'm so hung up on water... maybe because for years we had to haul it up from the lake in barrels before the well was put in... and that was when gas was available for the truck.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-10-2020 at 11:08 PM.
    Annie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    Have about a three to six month supply of food for me and the wife. Keep 14 cases of water stored, 40 bottles to a case. Lots of cooking supplies, charcoal etc. Feed deer, rabbits, squirrels and doves in the 600 acres next to my house.
    Next door neighbor preps and is an awesome gardener, we will trade meats and vegetables. Can collect water off my camper awning.

Have plenty of hand guns, long guns and ammo. Also pellet gun and crossbow for quiet hunting.

In South Alabama it dont get that cold but I do have a fire place.

My main concerns are, my grown kids dont prep much, I would have to help them and grandkids if they showed up hungry.
    While I feed the wild game here I'm afraid everybody else near me will come after them once they get hungry.

Need to learn how to trap the small game I guess. I do keep a fair amount of corn on hand to keep the deer, doves and small game coming into my back yard.

If long term, dont know what to do about prescription meds. BP meds.
    Hi Swrock. It sounds like you have a good handle on things and your life sounds peaceful.

Regarding BP meds - there might be some herbs/plants that can help with that? We have wild mint here that I've harvested, dried for tea - that's helpful for occasional heartburn or indigestion...and, I see now that this is one of our weak spots for overall planning - neither of us are on prescription meds, so I don't think about what we might need down the road. Few years back I bought a book on medicinal herbs to 'read later'; looks like one of my winter projects is to finally read it, and maybe get a small bed of something started in the spring. Thanks!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links