CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready? - Page 14
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?

This is a discussion on CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Crunch This ^^^ Was messing around with a solution like that last summer, small 10 watt solar panel, cigarette lighter voltage adapter, ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: CME, EMP, magic wand - all electrical power is gone! You ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    This ^^^

Was messing around with a solution like that last summer, small 10 watt solar panel, cigarette lighter voltage adapter, and a Energizer battery charger (that runs normally off a 'wallwart' converting 120 VAC to 12 VDC, but powered by the battery in this case).

If you just need to charge a couple of AA batts each day, it'd work.
    Yea, I have a setup like yours but now days a direct to USB solar panel seems to be a better choice for small electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Yea, I have a setup like yours but now days a direct to USB solar panel seems to be a better choice for small electronics.
    Standardizing on whatever option will save money in the long run. Problem is, the standards keep changing I like 12v since it's compatible with automotive power systems, but USB is pretty much 'the' standard nowadays.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Sponsored Links