How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; For me its 24 miles from my driveway to parking lot at work. If we had an emp event where truck wont run and had ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp.

For me its 24 miles from my driveway to parking lot at work. If we had an emp event where truck wont run and had to get home, I keep one 9mm with extra clip in my truck. Small ice chest pack pack for water and snacks that I always have at work. Walking stick is a beefy flounder gig that can double as a weapon.
    I did a 24 mile walk one day just to see if I could make it ok. Took about 10 hours.
    Slippy, RedLion and Joe like this.

Super Moderator

I'm 57.9 miles away. It's a 20 hour walk. Luckily I have a river that goes from my work to almost my backyard. I can take that route if the highway is clogged up. Already have the GHB in the truck so all I'd have to do is grab it and go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Annie likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

What is this work thing you speak of ? Not overly concerned about EMP out here. Anywhere with in 30 mile circle of the farm I would likely be no farther than 5 miles for a safe place. Straight walk home from towns near here would at best be 15 miles.
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Depends. I don't work in the same place day to day. Sometimes, I'm 2 miles from home. Sometimes, 20. On occasion, 30-50.
    Slippy and Ragnarök like this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

From my "work" place door to my home door is eight feet.

It has been that way since 1982.

The furthest we travel for any occasion is 35 miles.

Shopping trips are within 18 miles.

There is a GHB in each vehicle along with a shotgun in each, with 100 rounds of OO buck.

IF there was a high threat possibility, we would not leave at all.
    Mad Trapper likes this.

I'm 21 km (roughly 13 miles), and according to google, that should take me just under 4 hours. I keep a get home bag in the trunk of my car, along with my trekking poles. I'm looking forward to the day when my commute is a short walk from the cabin to the barn or workshop

I have GHB's in all my trucks. Since I work out of my truck it just depends on where I am when the balloon goes up on how far I have to walk. Could be across town (Houston) or across Texas and beyond. With my luck I will be in Chicago, New York, or some other god forsaken liberal ass city. Geezzzzz, I might be in California!!!!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

17 miles or 24 depending on what office I was at. With that said, I do keep a folding bike in the trunk of my car and I drive my car to work 90% of the time, so I would likely not have to walk, unless it was a real snowy/slippery day.

Don't have to move a muscle. Haven't wasted my time making someone else rich in 10 years. Live at my BO local.

Depending on the day and time of year I might have to drive into town 20 miles and pick up the wife. One of the benefits of having an old truck and motorcycles with no computers. I won't be walking anyplace.

Might have to walk down the stairs and throw another log on the fire that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    ....One of the benefits of having an old truck and motorcycles with no computers. I won't be walking anyplace........
    Assuming an EMP is the only way your truck can be rendered useless is a dangerous tactic.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links