How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp.

This is a discussion on How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Walk home from work? I'm retired....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How far would you have to walk home from work, after emp.

The Good Cop

Walk home from work?

I'm retired.
    Piratesailor and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Walk home from work?

I'm retired. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/vs_smirk.gif[/IMG]
    Good for you. Hope you are enjoying retirement. Bout 3 more years for me.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    Good for you. Hope you are enjoying retirement. Bout 3 more years for me.
    I stretched it out to age 67 & 1/2. I was the boss at work, my boss was several hundred miles away and only came up a couple times a year.

I'd still be there today, EXCEPT our warehouse was in the ghetto of the Murder Capitol of Florida - Jacksonville.
    I carried a 357 magnum at work, the bad guys dumped dead bodies on our street, the vice squad would do prostitution busts in our parking lot. Sometimes I felt like I was back in Nam.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    For me its 24 miles from my driveway to parking lot at work. If we had an emp event where truck wont run and had to get home, I keep one 9mm with extra clip in my truck. Small ice chest pack pack for water and snacks that I always have at work. Walking stick is a beefy flounder gig that can double as a weapon.
    I did a 24 mile walk one day just to see if I could make it ok. Took about 10 hours.
    That was a really good idea - to see what a 24 mile walk was like. Good job.
    Like RPD, we're retired and hopefully we'll be at home if an emp hits. The small town we get supplies from is 11 miles away, fishing spots are about 5, and we can both walk that easy. God help us if we got caught in Spokane. We're in and out of that city fast, maybe once every two months, and the stores we shop are on the north (closest to us) edge, so that's good - it would be a three day walk...more if we stayed off the main highway for part of it. We carry water & snacks & a few other things in a small pack in the truck, and we always wear good walking footgear.
    Thanks for starting this thread - it gave me an idea for another, and you'd be more than welcome to join in.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I stretched it out to age 67 & 1/2. I was the boss at work, my boss was several hundred miles away and only came up a couple times a year.

I'd still be there today, EXCEPT our warehouse was in the ghetto of the Murder Capitol of Florida - Jacksonville.
    I carried a 357 magnum at work, the bad guys dumped dead bodies on our street, the vice squad would do prostitution busts in our parking lot. Sometimes I felt like I was back in Nam.
    Man, I bet you dont miss it at all. Glad you're out of it.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Man, I bet you dont miss it at all. Glad you're out of it.
    I miss the money.
    MountainGirl and Piratesailor like this.

Super Moderator

Easy 12 miles. Force marches are still easy for me. Airborne shuffle would be better but I'd be having some untrained, undisciplined folks coming with me.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    I’m retired but my wife insists on working for awhile yet. Her work is about a two day hike, I would meet her as soon as I possibly could. We both have a BOB which each have a five day supply.......

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    From my "work" place door to my home door is eight feet.
    LOL, looks like you beat me to it again! I have a great little polishing nook here. The sharpening stand, the computer and the coffee maker are all within arms' reach. Right off the kitchen is the fireplace, and I got it rocking and rolling. I like the set-up of the master bedroom, it's down an L-shaped hallway, and my wife and the mutt are snoozing quietly, and it's overcast here, so the bedroom is dark.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Retired... but wife works and is all over town. She may have to walk 20 to 30 miles. She’s a marathon runner so she can do it but she’s lite on the prepping side so she not well prepared no matter what I say or do.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links