Toothpaste
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Toothpaste

This is a discussion on Toothpaste within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; How much toothpast do you squirrel away for SHFT ? It seems to me that having a ample supply would be prudent, Plus if you ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Toothpaste

Toothpaste

How much toothpast do you squirrel away for SHFT ? It seems to me that having a ample supply would be prudent, Plus if you had extra paste & Brushes, they would make good barter items.
    Sasquatch, Slippy and Camel923 like this.

Super Moderator

I'm curious to the shelf life of most toothpastes.

*Squatch grabs the site paging microphone*

Paging Dr. @fangfarrier . Dr. @fangfarrier please report to help desk.
    Slippy, MountainGirl and Annie like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I've used toothpaste that's 6 or 8 years old I've got stored at family's house that's 800+ miles away. I keep a lot of personal items there so I don't have to lug the basics back and forth.
    Slippy and Annie like this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Baking soda works if the toothpaste runs out.

I've never seen toothpaste go bad.

Have a teeth brush and keep them kleen.
    Slippy likes this.

We've got a couple of 5 gal buckets filled with various hygiene and other items. Toothpaste, Brushes, Soap, etc.! I rotate some of the items but after a number of years, the toothpaste, soap, etc seem to hold up well so I plan on just setting and forgetting.

Toothpaste-img_1768-002-.jpg

Toothpaste-img_1767-002-.jpg
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-06-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    Annie, Sasquatch and Crunch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    How much toothpast do you squirrel away for SHFT ? It seems to me that having a ample supply would be prudent, Plus if you had extra paste & Brushes, they would make good barter items.
    I usually have around ten tubes of toothpaste on hand (and, yes, I know I should have more but it's expensive!) but I also have the ingredients required to make tooth powder, which are just bentonite clay and Himalayan pink salt.

Super Moderator

Good to know @Slippy thanks. Does toothpaste have a best by date? Come to think of it, I've never checked on that.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    Dental floss, too! I've got this leeetle spot in between my teeth and...ugh,

Slippy likes this.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Toothpaste.

According to Colgate, its toothpastes are good for 12 to 18 months past the expiration date (which is two years after manufacture), beyond which there may be some loss in fluoride stability, ingredients may separate out or crystallize, and flavors may diminish.

Personally I have boxes of the samples that I use. Some of those are coming up to 5 years old and they’re still good.

If you were to talk nicely to your dentist s/he may give you a box of samples as the manufacturer (P&G) send so many samples out (as long as you tick the box saying you personally use the toothpaste- 9/10 dentists say they use toothpaste X)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sasquatch, Slippy and Crunch like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links