Toothpaste - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Toothpaste

This is a discussion on Toothpaste within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have box with 1 gross of tubes (144). Same with brushes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Toothpaste

I have box with 1 gross of tubes (144). Same with brushes
    Crunch and Slippy like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I keep about 8 large tubes of my toothpaste brand and about 12 brushes. I also have a gallon bucket of sample toothpaste tubes, cheap sample brushes and lots of floss for others and for barter. I also have dentist tools kit, emergency fillings kits and dental first aid kit.
    Slippy and Crunch like this.

Having toothpaste is good, but having plenty of toothbrushes may be better. They are easy to store, inexpensive, last forever in their environmentally friendly little plastic containers and I'd rather use a nice toothbrush than a stick post SHTF. Dental Floss is also pretty easy to store so I will add some more this week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Having toothpaste is good, but having plenty of toothbrushes may be better. They are easy to store, inexpensive, last forever in their environmentally friendly little plastic containers and I'd rather use a nice toothbrush than a stick post SHTF.
    This is a good point. Toothpaste isn't required for good dental hygiene. Toothbrushes are far more essential. I also suspect that the advice to replace your toothbrush every three months is driven more by a desire for a constant stream of revenue than the brushes actually being worn out in three months.
    Slippy likes this.

Ya' know, I have no idea. My wife makes our toothpaste. She's very picky about food and additives, so my guess is that our toothpaste is low sodium and "free range."

It works for us, I polish the knives, she provides top shelf, healthy, dishes.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Keep your teeth clean....Then chew up a hand full of peanuts with a drop of green food color added....play the part of being filthy...dirty and starving people!

Wow that sounds sorta like the joke in high school where the guy says hes going to a masquerade party with a mouth full of mayanaise and pretend to be a pimple.
    KUSA likes this.

I keep it simple and make my own toothpaste in small batches with baking soda and coconut oil, so don't have to worry about expiration dates. Since baking soda is inexpensive, and useful for some many things, I plan to storing a bunch of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Wow that sounds sorta like the joke in high school where the guy says hes going to a masquerade party with a mouth full of mayanaise and pretend to be a pimple.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links