Severe Weather Outlook
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Severe Weather Outlook

This is a discussion on Severe Weather Outlook within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Just saw this. Have done no research on it yet. Quick thought-- if you're on Twitter, be sure you follow your local National Weather Service(s). ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Severe Weather Outlook

Severe Weather Outlook

Severe Weather Outlook-img_6d6db6cdfdf3-1.jpeg

Just saw this. Have done no research on it yet.

Quick thought-- if you're on Twitter, be sure you follow your local National Weather Service(s). This is from the NOAA NWS Storm Prediction Center. I've learned they don't always get things right, but they're not always wrong.

Also-- if you're at all into weather watching, I highly recommend Radar Scope. Even the free version is excellent.
    Honkerhunteronhoth and Denton like this.

There doesn't appear to be a free version of Radar Scope for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a free version of Radar Scope for Android.
    My mistake. I'm sorry-- I was thinking of the other weather app that I really like (for different reasons), Windy. It does have a free android version. (Info on WIndy in the links below.)

Radar Scope gives you un-smoothed radar images for every single radar tower in the world. It's worth $9.99. (It's worth the upgrade, too, IMHO.)

If you want an in depth tutorial on RS before buying it, written in ordinary user-friendly language, check this out:

https://www.bigfoodetc.com/2019/05/0...for-myself-1b/

https://www.bigfoodetc.com/2019/05/0...-scope-update/

Here's a link to a series of posts on apps & more for preparing for bad weather: https://www.bigfoodetc.com/series/bad-weather/

I just switched from a droid to an iPhone and one of the first things I did was download RS. Not what you need days & days & days out but nothing beats it as bad weather approaches. (No. I do not work at RS!!)
    paulag1955 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Also-- another mistake. RS is available only for the US (including Alaska & Hawaii), and Canada. Windy is available US, Europe, parts of Asia etc.

I have been using the SPC Storm Prediction Center formerly NSSL products for a long time!
    Pretty much all these folks do is forecast and monitor areas where severe weather may develop or
    is happening, thunderstorms, snow/ice events etc. I find their 1 to 3 day severe outlook pretty accurate
    and watch the 4 to 8 day. During thunderstorm events I watch the "Meso Discussions" and on this they will have
    an area defined for potential severe weather usually a few hours before the action starts happening.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/
    Marica likes this.

Prayers up. Specialize in trying to dodge tornadoes around these parts. Rode out a tropical storm at Corpus one time. It was not nice.
    Slippy likes this.

We have not had a winter here in Wisconsin this year. At least not close to normal. Yes we have had some cooled and little snow. I have not plowed of shoveled snow once this season. Right now the fields are almost bear of snow. First week of January I could work outside in just a long sleeve shirt. That does not mean it could not change fast this time of year . Kind of an old rule of mine is get past the first two weeks of February and it all down hill fast. We need a good deep freeze below zero for a few days at least. It kills off pest that other wise the rest of the year will bother us and crops.
    Marica, Slippy, bigwheel and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Its 50 F at Slippy Lodge, my Saints done lost, but I'm comfortably marinating in some bourbon watching the Seahawks v Eagles and, what the heck, I've got the firewood so why not start a cozy little fire in the fireplace?

The Dogs are cuddled up in their places and Mrs S is due home in about 3 hours from siting with her Alzheimer's Eat-Up Mom...Mom in Law is happy though she doesn't know if its winter spring summer or fall or whether to crap in her diaper or not, but I can still get her to smile...

So what if severe weather comes my way?
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-05-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    MountainGirl and Annie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Its 50 F at Slippy Lodge,...
    Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!
    Sorry about your Saints (not really, yay Vikings!!) and now it's Go Hawks!!
    36° here, bacon (blame Hawg) shrimp pizza for halftime, Chivas shots. Tom says hey.
    Damn life is good!
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-05-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    Slippy and hawgrider like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

We use this,https://mobile.weather.gov/#typeLocation download to android on google play.
    hawgrider likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links