Severe Weather Outlook - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Severe Weather Outlook

This is a discussion on Severe Weather Outlook within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Slippy Its 50 F at Slippy Lodge, my Saints done lost, but I'm comfortably marinating in some bourbon watching the Seahawks v ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Severe Weather Outlook

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Its 50 F at Slippy Lodge, my Saints done lost, but I'm comfortably marinating in some bourbon watching the Seahawks v Eagles and, what the heck, I've got the firewood so why not start a cozy little fire in the fireplace?

The Dogs are cuddled up in their places and Mrs S is due home in about 3 hours from siting with her Alzheimer's Eat-Up Mom...Mom in Law is happy though she doesn't know if its winter spring summer or fall or whether to crap in her diaper or not, but I can still get her to smile...

So what if severe weather comes my way?
    My mil wished the girls a Happy Easter this Christmas. God bless her, she can still smile. Cancer and Dementia are a very bad combo.
    Slippy likes this.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Severe weather came thru and trees down, power lines down etc. Everything at Slippy Lodge was battened down and secured so no damage. Right before dark fired up my new Dual Fuel 4400 Watt Generator and got a few creature comforts going. Main refrigerator is humming along as is a fan for air circulation (Its still nearly 70 degrees and humid! WTF?) and a light in the main room.

Took the 4 wheeler out to check my neighbors places and some major trees down but no buildings damaged.

Grilled a couple of steaks and sweet potatoes on the gas grill and decided to hook up the satelite internet and direct tv to the genny and watched the end of the 49'ers v. Vikings game. Titans v Ravens coming up. Duro Max Dual Fuel Generator so far is a well running machine and I have not even come close to maxing out the watts. Running on LP gas and tank is barely registering any loss of fuel.

I love being prepared!

Super Moderator

Severe weather came thru and trees down, power lines down etc. Everything at Slippy Lodge was battened down and secured so no damage. Right before dark fired up my new Dual Fuel 4400 Watt Generator and got a few creature comforts going. Main refrigerator is humming along as is a fan for air circulation (Its still nearly 70 degrees and humid! WTF?) and a light in the main room.

Took the 4 wheeler out to check my neighbors places and some major trees down but no buildings damaged.

Grilled a couple of steaks and sweet potatoes on the gas grill and decided to hook up the satelite internet and direct tv to the genny and watched the end of the 49'ers v. Vikings game. Titans v Ravens coming up. Duro Max Dual Fuel Generator so far is a well running machine and I have not even come close to maxing out the watts. Running on LP gas and tank is barely registering any loss of fuel.

I love being prepared!
    Limbs down, here. Nothing else.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This weather is stupid crazy. Today, here in the mountains of Pennsylvania it was 63 degrees. That is highly unusual for January weather here. Tonight it is in the 50s. Again unusual. But after midnite they are calling for high winds gusting to 50 mph. Crazy! I lowered my flagpole, brought in the garbage cans, secured all loose gear in the yard, etc. We are all prepared for power outages.
    Slippy likes this.

At the old age of 57, I no longer get excited, worried, scare, or upset with the prospect of snow, high wind, thunder, forest fire, antichrist, alien invasion.....

when it happens I will break out my shovel, generator, rifle, food, slippy pike or other item as needed

good to know stuff is coming but I have seen most of it before
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

I love being prepared!

Love my duel fuel generators. Definitely the way to go. Propane is easier and cleaner to store and will last years.
    Slippy, Piratesailor and SOCOM42 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I love being prepared!
    That Duro Max Dual Fuel Generator is one of the three I have, it is on standby and connected to a 100# tank not a 20#.

Have run the place for a test, but not needed for an event yet, no gas has ever been put in it in the 6 years on the floor.

In reality only run the oil burners, a few lights and the refrigerator plus a freezer with it.

All lights are now LED's.

I plug it into one of the MIG welding machines sockets.

Its backup is a 7,500 watt gas job.

The third is a diesel 3 phase for shop machines, no electronics in this one.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-12-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    That Duro Max Dual Fuel Generator is one of the three I have, it is on standby and connected to a 100# tank not a 20#.

Have run the place for a test, but not needed for an event yet, no gas has ever been put in it in the 6 years on the floor.

In reality only run the oil burners, a few lights and the refrigerator plus a freezer with it.

All lights are now LED's.

I plug it into one of the MIG welding machines sockets.

Its backup is a 7,500 watt gas job.

The third is a diesel 3 phase for shop machines, no electronics in this one.
    I have never put gas in mine either. I run it twice a year or so but so far, I have not had to use it in any event. Last Hurricane that came through here dumped a mountain of water and flooded everything (Harvey) but the power stayed on in my area. I have gone through a hurricane and gone for weeks without power afterwards, a miserable experience. Never again.
    SOCOM42 and Marica like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I have commercial 100# tanks that are over 30 years old as far as the propane is concerned.

The tanks themselves were made in the 50's, inspected dozens of times judging by the stampings.

The contents will never go bad, it is a gas liquefied under pressure and has no organics or O2 to deteriorate with.

It has already been stored in the same conditions for millions of years.

Methane, which was used for almost a 100 years for heating and lighting was removed from coal in a gassifier process.

It was then pumped into huge holding tanks while demand was low.

Those are the tanks that some of you may remember at the "gasworks", they would rise and fall all the time.

Again, a carbonic gas that was trapped millions of years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links