Prepping where are you
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepping where are you

This is a discussion on Prepping where are you within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. IDK if its me but it seems like alot of youtube preppers are not on anymore. Seems like ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Prepping where are you

Prepping where are you

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. IDK if its me but it seems like alot of youtube preppers are not on anymore. Seems like alot of people dont prep anymore. I found this concerning to be honest. You need to be ready for anything and in my case weather. What do you guys think?

Most smart people are laying low and being quiet. Just to keep the target off their backs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Most smart people are laying low and being quiet. Just to keep the target off their backs.
    Why would you feel targeted?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Honkerhunteronhoth View Post
    Why would you feel targeted?
    I've been told right to my face by low lives in the neighborhood. That and I quote "why should we waste our time and money when we will just come over to your place and take what you have". This was by what I thought were "good" friends that I was trying to help get started.
    SOCOM42 and Annie like this.

In regards to the Youtub Prepper Gurus not posting as often, my gut feel is everyone has already covered all Prepping subjects. How long do we expect them to stand there and ring the warning bell?

As far as your friends, don't worry about them. They were only being serious!
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyPrepper View Post
    Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. IDK if its me but it seems like alot of youtube preppers are not on anymore. Seems like alot of people dont prep anymore. I found this concerning to be honest. You need to be ready for anything and in my case weather. What do you guys think?
    I have never posted anything on the tube only here.

I have been prepping since 1978 , have never stopped, used the lull's for better pricing of goods.
    Denton, Chipper, Annie and 1 others like this.

Targeted? Well, I guess I view defensive pistols like I do spare tires. But I've also noticed a positive aspect to CCW.

Unless I need a specific motorcycle part, most of my chores are in a mall. After all, my crappy blue jeans won't last forever. There are people that do not go to our South Park Street to buy things--and there's a great hospital down there, to boot. Some people would rather buy a substandard item at the mall than move around on some inner city streets. Truth be told I'm glad when I leave that area lately, myself.

But you have to shop somewhere. Now, I view my "weapon" last on the list of safety issues. My wife and I go to the mall around noon, very few idiots and more parking places. And admittedly, there were times when I needed/wanted something I had forgotten to buy, slid a revolver into my jacket, and shopped after dark. As an older man, I wait until there's a new day.

Years ago, when this topic appeared in another forum, one member asked why we would ever go anywhere where a weapon might be needed. And that made sense to me. If I have to "gird my loins" for a new gun magazine, I'll go tomorrow...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    I've been told right to my face by low lives in the neighborhood. That and I quote "why should we waste our time and money when we will just come over to your place and take what you have". This was by what I thought were "good" friends that I was trying to help get started.
    For the same reason I don't bother telling anyone anymore, the hell with them.

Anybody wants to try and take my stuff will be dealt with, 303 solution.
    Chipper and Old SF Guy like this.

For your friends sake, change your tune. Let it slip that you have moved all your supplies to an extended family member's home as it is much safer (brick, isolated and holds more members) than your place.
    Upon activation park your car either behind your home or down the street. Leave a few clothes scattered in the yard between the front door and the driveway to give the appearance of a fast getaway.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    For the same reason I don't bother telling anyone anymore, the hell with them.
    Well, your comment was the plot point of an old 'Twilight Zone' episode. A group of neighbors thought they needed a safe place to hide and wound up breaking down the door of the only guy around with a bomb shelter.

But it brings up an important point. I know how much food, ammunition and water I have. When do you slam the door to keep those who did not prepare out of your carefully prepared home?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links