Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

An unarmed military

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Maine-Marine 
#1 ·
And this weekend, the good was not hard to find. It came in the form of Ensign Joshua Kaleb Watson of Coffee County, Alabama, Airman Mohammed Haitham, 19, of St. Petersburg, Florida and Airman Apprentice Cameron Scott Walters, 21, of Richmond Hill, Georgia. All three were present, with Watson being officer of the deck, at Pensacola Naval Air Station when a Saudi national, Mohammed Alshamrani, who was there for training, opened fire on a classroom.

When shots were fired, they didn't run away or shelter in place. In the words of base commander Capt. Tim Kinsella, "When confronted...they ran towards it and saved lives. If not for their actions, and the actions of the Naval Security Force that were the first responders on the scene, this incident could have been far worse."
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opini...n-suadi-terrorism-shooting-column/2630790001/

If investigating or even noticing jihadi sympathies is too politically sensitive to contemplate, then we are going to miss more such events and place further demands on young men who run to the sound of the guns. Those young men's bravery is admirable, but it is the duty of those placed over them not to call on it unnecessarily. Those people need to do some reflecting.
An "unarmed military" is an oxymoron.

#4 ·
Actually, . . . I would love to see the military have one more towel head, . . . a certain Barak Hussein Obama.

I'd like to see him tried for treason, . . . found guilty, . . . and turned over to the military to hang his sorry carcass with the Army tying the rope, . . . hanging him off a Navy Destroyer yard arm, . . . his body guarded by the Marines, . . . with the AF flying overhead to ward off air borne interlopers.

When he has hung there for several hours (maybe a couple days), . . . cut him down, . . . give the body to the Coast Guard for a proper but undisclosed burial at sea.

After what that ******** did to our military, . . . it's a shame we cannot resurrect him and do it once a year just for kicks and giggles.

May God bless,
Dwight

#6 ·
The only military members that are armed on post are the military police.
It has always been this way. It was this way in 1968 when I was in. The only place individual soldiers are armed is the combat zone, and I'll bet there are exceptions there as well. Like those who are on a big, rear area base.

This policy was no doubt originally begun hundreds of years ago when soldiers in barracks got drunk and decided to settle scores.
I can totally agree with this policy. There is about the same percentage of whack jobs in the military as in civilian life.

All military, just like all veterans, are not squared away good guys.

#8 ·
There will always be foreign military personnel trained here.

Muzslime nutwads need to be run through a polygraph to show any jihadi leanings.

Each group the same test then change it for the next one, stripped of all recording devices before entering test room.

Hard questions, not PC ones that will reveal nothing.

If their governments don't like it, tough, they need to do a better screening job at home to start with.

That training has to be done, we would not be able to sell military hardware without it.

Every year there there is an international show of weaponry for buyers from all over the world, with worldwide competitors.

Career Instructors in classrooms should be armed.

I saw some foreign troops when going to master gunners school.

#13 ·
In my life time I have seen a lot of people do stupid stuff with and without firearms. Most often while using some type f drug either legal or not . A good part of that life was in uniform and I have seen a lot of good service members do stupid stuff. Again most while drinking. The idea of a bunch of hyped up soldiers carrying on post concerns me. The list of really dump stuff I have seen MP's do while armed is down right scary. Most often no blood it gets covered up.
The other point of view I have is I do not want them to be sitting ducks. We lost a soldier at the Fort Hood shooting by a Muslim . Standing at the funeral was hard. At least being armed gives some a chance. But what do we do about stupid stuff.
They say you can't fix stupid, but you can dam sure judge and hold others responsible for the stupid some do. A Muslim once told me Trust no one here Not even me. Some of the best advise I was ever given. I pass that on to everyone.
Never trust a Muslim. If he swears by his god trust him even less.

#15 ·
I think you guys are supposing the worse and actually using liberal ideas...."We can not let them be armed on base they might do something stupid" Yes stupid things will happen they always do...

DO I think all ALL Sergeants need to be armed. NO.. but like getting a Security clearance people deemed as in position of trust should be allowed...

Some of you will argue that when time matters the police are 10 minutes away... same is true in the military... when it counts the MP's are 10 minutes away -

in many cases they are fish in a barrel.... let them have a chance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.