An unarmed military
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

An unarmed military

This is a discussion on An unarmed military within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; And this weekend, the good was not hard to find. It came in the form of Ensign Joshua Kaleb Watson of Coffee County, Alabama, Airman ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: An unarmed military

An unarmed military

And this weekend, the good was not hard to find. It came in the form of Ensign Joshua Kaleb Watson of Coffee County, Alabama, Airman Mohammed Haitham, 19, of St. Petersburg, Florida and Airman Apprentice Cameron Scott Walters, 21, of Richmond Hill, Georgia. All three were present, with Watson being officer of the deck, at Pensacola Naval Air Station when a Saudi national, Mohammed Alshamrani, who was there for training, opened fire on a classroom.

When shots were fired, they didn’t run away or shelter in place. In the words of base commander Capt. Tim Kinsella, "When confronted...they ran towards it and saved lives. If not for their actions, and the actions of the Naval Security Force that were the first responders on the scene, this incident could have been far worse."
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinio...mn/2630790001/

If investigating or even noticing jihadi sympathies is too politically sensitive to contemplate, then we are going to miss more such events and place further demands on young men who run to the sound of the guns. Those young men’s bravery is admirable, but it is the duty of those placed over them not to call on it unnecessarily. Those people need to do some reflecting.
    An "unarmed military" is an oxymoron.

The idiots that dream up these stupid policies are NEVER the ones that face the bullets.
    Marica likes this.

Seem to recall Sick Willy Clinton disarmed the Military a few years ago. Will bet a buck Trump can fix it. Now since they say we have muslims in the military I would make sure they couldnt have one if I was him.
    dwight55 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Seem to recall Sick Willy Clinton disarmed the Military a few years ago. Will bet a buck Trump can fix it. Now since they say we have muslims in the military I would make sure they couldnt have one if I was him.
    Actually, . . . I would love to see the military have one more towel head, . . . a certain Barak Hussein Obama.

I'd like to see him tried for treason, . . . found guilty, . . . and turned over to the military to hang his sorry carcass with the Army tying the rope, . . . hanging him off a Navy Destroyer yard arm, . . . his body guarded by the Marines, . . . with the AF flying overhead to ward off air borne interlopers.

When he has hung there for several hours (maybe a couple days), . . . cut him down, . . . give the body to the Coast Guard for a proper but undisclosed burial at sea.

After what that rag head did to our military, . . . it's a shame we cannot resurrect him and do it once a year just for kicks and giggles.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    SOCOM42 and bigwheel like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Rule should be

Enlisted Service members Sergeant or above or any NCO on second enlisted
    Officers Captain or above

or service members with 5+ years of service or on second enlistment
    Denton likes this.
    Be a Berean

The Good Cop

The only military members that are armed on post are the military police.
    It has always been this way. It was this way in 1968 when I was in. The only place individual soldiers are armed is the combat zone, and I'll bet there are exceptions there as well. Like those who are on a big, rear area base.

This policy was no doubt originally begun hundreds of years ago when soldiers in barracks got drunk and decided to settle scores.
    I can totally agree with this policy. There is about the same percentage of whack jobs in the military as in civilian life.

All military, just like all veterans, are not squared away good guys.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The only military members that are armed on post are the military police.
    It has always been this way. It was this way in 1968 when I was in. The only place individual soldiers are armed is the combat zone, and I'll bet there are exceptions there as well. Like those who are on a big, rear area base.

This policy was no doubt originally begun hundreds of years ago when soldiers in barracks got drunk and decided to settle scores.
    I can totally agree with this policy. There is about the same percentage of whack jobs in the military as in civilian life.

All military, just like all veterans, are not squared away good guys.
    It's true, but it still makes me feel less than secure at work.

There will always be foreign military personnel trained here.

Muzslime nutwads need to be run through a polygraph to show any jihadi leanings.

Each group the same test then change it for the next one, stripped of all recording devices before entering test room.

Hard questions, not PC ones that will reveal nothing.

If their governments don't like it, tough, they need to do a better screening job at home to start with.

That training has to be done, we would not be able to sell military hardware without it.

Every year there there is an international show of weaponry for buyers from all over the world, with worldwide competitors.

Career Instructors in classrooms should be armed.

I saw some foreign troops when going to master gunners school.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Actually, . . . I would love to see the military have one more towel head, . . . a certain Barak Hussein Obama.

I'd like to see him tried for treason, . . . found guilty, . . . and turned over to the military to hang his sorry carcass with the Army tying the rope, . . . hanging him off a Navy Destroyer yard arm, . . . his body guarded by the Marines, . . . with the AF flying overhead to ward off air borne interlopers.

When he has hung there for several hours (maybe a couple days), . . . cut him down, . . . give the body to the Coast Guard for a proper but undisclosed burial at sea.

After what that rag head did to our military, . . . it's a shame we cannot resurrect him and do it once a year just for kicks and giggles.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    You know this might be doable. I heard of a case or two where former military folks were charged with crimes under the UCMJ for crimes they commited after being discharged from the Service. Since Obamie was the Commander in Chief maybe he could get a court martial.
    dwight55 likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    No.

If your duty dictated you to be armed, you went to the arms room and are issued a weapon. If not, you are not issued a weapon. That was the way it was long before Willey. That isn't even a president's call. That is the way of the military, in general.
    For a period of time, I was a part of a team that had extraordinary authority including carrying weapons all the time but we were different than average soldiers. Our duties were the sort that allowed us to treat anyone, including LE, as the enemy if they got in our way. That was in case of an extraordinary time. Training is not extraordinary times. As a matter of fact, flight training is not even a time to be wearing sidearms.
    Could it be that there needs to be better vetting of foreign nationals coming into this nation for military training? Should the foreign nationals not be allowed to purchase firearms?

Where I work foreign nationals can be seen every day. I see them doing their prayers to their Arabic moon good, as a matter of fact. When I see them doing that, I loudly sing Hebrew songs praising the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I'm not a fan of them, obviously. Still, they are our "allies." Maybe we should alter our notions of who our allies are.
    Marica and Prepared One like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links