Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Nebraska prepper group

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  fpcrjbrown 
#1 ·
Are there any prepper in Nebraska looking to join a prepper group

#2 · (Edited)
Zeffrey, I am really trying to help you here so don't be offended.

If our group's retreat was 20 miles from you, I would not respond to your appeal. Why? Because you have not given me any reason to.

You might say: Been a Prepper 3 years, got my head right and all set for the chaos. I can do more push ups than Joe Biden. When I was discharged from the Army I smuggled out the tank I was driving. I may be old but I have two young sons that were Army Rangers and both of their wives can grow pot and make liquor out of weeds. I know where Pelosi lives, which bedroom window is hers, and what time her guards change shifts.

But you had damn well better put cards on the table and give me a reason to stick my neck out by contacting you. Happy Hunting.

#3 · (Edited)
Below are the Survival Skills we value. Note that we are not into wilderness survival but rather are stationary.
You might accent skills like this if you have any. Note: You are presenting your Survival Resume.

Health
Human David (RN), Jacky Fisher, Janet (RN), Melissa (Pharmacist)
Animals: Stuart
Medic:EMT Brian
First Responders Ernie, Jim, Justin, Brian
Alternative Healing
Mid-Wife
Physical health: cardio, strength yoga, stretching: Lisa
Water / Sewage Health Safety--

Morale
Child / Elderly Care
Educational / Teacher
Music
Barber Betty, Melissa
Calmers / Healers Jim, Becky
Scout Leader David, Jim

Nourishment
Animal Husbandry Stuart
Food Production Betty, Jim, Stuart, David, Janet
Food Preservation Betty, Janet
Food Preparation Betty, Brian, Ernie
Rabbits Ernie, Becky
Chickens ----------------------- Jim
Food: Certified Gardener David, Janet
Bee Keeper David, Janet
Hunter / Trapper Justin, Keith, Kevin, Stuart
Tractor David, Ernie, Keith, Kevin
Inventory Lisa, Jack
Micro Gardener Lisa
Hydroponics Lisa, Ron
Fish/pond management or collection

Physical:
Electrical: Jim, Justin, Bob
Solar Power David
Blue Collar Tinkerer Keith, Kevin, Ernie, Ron
Mechanic Justin, Keith, Kevin
Scavengers Betty, Keith, Kevin
Seamstress Betty, Janet, Melissa
Primitive Homesteaders Stuart
Toolmakers & Blacksmith
Welders Keith, Kevin, Ernie, (Jimmy Costa)
Carpentry: Betty, Ernie, Jim, Keith
Plumbing: Ernie
Instrumentation
Mechanically Inclined Ernie, Keith, Kevin
Engineer, basic structure Ron
or system design

Planning:
Intelligence Jack, Jim, Ron, Bob
Mediators / Negotiators Betty
Organization David, Jim
Ham Radio Jim, David
Proposal Writer:---------------Jim
Research: Jim, Lisa, Ron
Organizational brainstorm Ron, Bob
and directional steering

Security:
Survival Skills
Self Defense Trainers
Gunsmith
Reloader Bob (trained 4 yrs ago but not experienced)
Shooters: David, Justin, Keith, Kevin, Stuart, Bob
Security Tactical Ernie, Justin
Firearm Instructor Bob

#7 ·
My opinion is groups are seeking partners. Your appeal presents you as a taker and not a partner. Nothing personal.
Not to be argumentative, but just exactly how do you draw that conclusion from this question?

Are there any prepper in Nebraska looking to join a prepper group
"Are there any gardeners in X looking to join a gardening group?"

"Are there any *citizens* in Y looking to join a constitution reading group?"

Actually. I will be argumentative.

What the hell does this even mean?

My opinion is groups are seeking partners. Your appeal presents you as a taker and not a partner.
Groups, by definition, are collective of individuals. Groups have no agency. Only individuals have agency. "Groups are seeking partners." What does that mean? Individuals in a group may seek to expand the size of their group by recruiting more members.

"Your appeal... ." Dude asked if there were others out there. What's the problem with that?

I really want to know. What exactly is the problem with someone asking if there are others in his locale interested in becoming acquainted?

And what exactly in Dude's few words lead you to intuit that he's "a taker." Mind-read much?

Dude from Nebraska's "appeal" simply asked if anyone was out there in his neighborhood. Maybe I missed something objectionable in his subsequent posts. If so, enlighten me.

#9 ·
Marica, You may have missed the OP's other threads asking for the same thing, and his very odd responses. He/she is more indicative of being a "bot" not interested in joining our forum.

Not to be argumentative, but just exactly how do you draw that conclusion from this question?

"Are there any gardeners in X looking to join a gardening group?"

"Are there any *citizens* in Y looking to join a constitution reading group?"

Actually. I will be argumentative.

What the hell does this even mean?

Groups, by definition, are collective of individuals. Groups have no agency. Only individuals have agency. "Groups are seeking partners." What does that mean? Individuals in a group may seek to expand the size of their group by recruiting more members.

"Your appeal... ." Dude asked if there were others out there. What's the problem with that?

I really want to know. What exactly is the problem with someone asking if there are others in his locale interested in becoming acquainted?

And what exactly in Dude's few words lead you to intuit that he's "a taker." Mind-read much?

Dude from Nebraska's "appeal" simply asked if anyone was out there in his neighborhood. Maybe I missed something objectionable in his subsequent posts. If so, enlighten me.

#8 · (Edited)
Marica: I wrote "My opinion is groups are seeking partners. Your appeal presents you as a taker and not a partner. Nothing personal." as a help to the person that made the inquiry.

As the founding member of a large Prepper group, I am coming from experience in both locating other groups and locating potential members.

Of concern to our members is persons finding our members or location and not joining us. Later they may pay us a late night visit.
That is why most persons seeking an established group may find it most difficult to locate one. As a group grows, the more secretive it becomes.
I am sure you can appreciate this.

In regards to "And what exactly in Dude's few words lead you to intuit that he's "a taker." Mind-read much?"

I did not say he was a Taker, only that he presents himself in that manner. If I get an email from someone that says "My husband and I . . . have . . . and are skilled in . . . " then I know they wish to partner with us. If I get nothing I smell fear, unprepared and a liability to the group. I do not want to spend time with them and have to turn them down. It hurts too much. Therefore, I suspect other groups will feel the same way.

I will repeat myself in that for a survival group to find members it is like a jewel thief fencing stolen property. You cannot make a sale without exposing yourself and if you don't expose yourself you make no sales. It is a fine line and scary venture to sell your wares. Therefore, one must use all skills, including gut reactions, in the area of human relations to analyze the risk/gain ratio. Our goal is to find primarily partners that are net assets and not the goal of being an EEOC employer (Equal Employment Opportunity Something).

I hope this helps clarify.

P. S. I have been searching for other established groups for exchange of ideas. After three years of searching I have not located a single group in the U. S.

#10 ·
Well I'm learning to be a locksmith my mom has medical training sewing survival skills helpful fishing good at improvising good at Scavenging loyal candle making archery and a lot more but I'm not good at thinking of this stuff so I hope you let me and my family in your group and if you want I could find you some useful videos to watch since you're looking for ideas hope you're right back and sorry am a little nervous Plus in Nebraska we have good farmland and fishing and hunting if you have any more questions please ask

#15 ·
@Slippy

Marica, You may have missed the OP's other threads asking for the same thing, and his very odd responses. He/she is more indicative of being a "bot" not interested in joining our forum.
I did miss that. And after the other posts on this thread, I see what you mean. Dude has some serious probs, not the least of which is his unfamiliarity with punctuation.

#19 · (Edited)
Zeffrey: Great, now you are laying cards.

Marica: He just told me his family is not prepped in any way and he doesn't know where to begin (I think). He also said he feels the heat and wants to quickly change his current position. If our group admitted them they would be liabilities in that they cannot sustain life for themselves and would glob off us. Right now they are not partner material but this can quickly change.

Zeffrey:

Your Odds: Your chances of finding a group are about one in a million.
Your chance of creating your own group is about 50%.
Your chance of saving yourself is 50% - 100% probable.
You best go with the odds.

Timing Problems:

Due Dates: You had best approach the prepping to be as complete as possible by December 31, 2019. Then push the due date out another month. In three months you should be prepared and after that just continue upgrading your supplies.

How Not To Do It:

1. Don't waste your time on most youtubes. They take 39 minutes to tell you what you can read in two sentences from a cookbook on prepping. Use them after your plan is in place to hone your skills.

2. Don't lurk in Prepper sites unless you are seeking something specific, such as the best type of pine cone to wipe your ass with. Prepper sites are like quicksand in that they are poorly organized; a place for bored persons to chew the fat, and so you may have to read a thousand posts before learning about pine cones. Nor do you have time to find a Prepper Group with monthly meetings. Again, focus on your due date.

How To Do It:

1. Get a good cookbook. This is mine. Family Prepping. Its about 25 pages long and to the point. Use it. You don't have the time or money for false starts. Nor do you need 40 people advising you. You only need one complete blueprint.

2. What Jesus Said. I am a heathen and not a bible thumper, so folks forgive my paraphrasing. But I recall that Jesus was asked about the evil of working on Sunday to save a jackass stuck in a muddy ditch. His response was something like "It depends on who's ass it is in the ditch. If it's your ass you will do whatever you have to do to get it out."
Zeffrey, it's your ass in the ditch! Remember that.

You are the creator. Create!

#20 ·
Well this interesting thread went south too quickly before I had a chance to tell the new prepper preson. I knew a guy from East Texas who would be glad to join his commune in Nebraska if he could hang out with some cute hippy chicks with hairy pits. Now as far as peppers trying to lure up other prepper pals on chat groups like this..the only real prepper I know which is my Retired Airforce Col pal who helped lase the caves to blast out Bin Laden at Tora Bora..and now is prepared to go off grid in his secret hide out in the mountains...he dont get near the net. He say all these places are funded by the CIA and maybe ISIS. He thinks Muslims are gong to come kill him. Poor guy.

#23 ·
I have been at it a while now but sure wish I had started in my 20's. Then again, in my 20's all I cared about was booze, women, and staying out of hospitals and jail. :devil:

Reactions: bigwheel
#27 ·
Thanks thats enough to help me understand my original decision to quit watching televsion except for Fox News along with the preaching and food channels. I used to like the History Channel but not they have cutesy idiots who run out and try to make history..they are hot on the job with a series about who killed Merriweather Clark or what was his last name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.