Snow Storm

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow Storm

This is a discussion on Snow Storm within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; How's everyone doing up there in New England? My husband and one of our girls got stuck up there last night. Hubs is working his ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Snow Storm

Super Moderator

Snow Storm

How's everyone doing up there in New England? My husband and one of our girls got stuck up there last night. Hubs is working his way through Massachusetts right now, I think. and I think we're supposed to get more between now and tomorrow. Over the weekend I picked up a couple more of those Buddy heaters and another case of propane. Can't hurt in case the power goes out. Gotta keep everyone toasty warm.

Right now we just have light snow in NJ, they keep promising "a huge storm" lol, I'm sure they're exaggerating. You know how they get.
    RedLion likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Here in the Allegheny mountains (southwest PA) they’ve been screaming snow and freezing rain since last week. Doom and gloom! The sky is falling! Disaster!. Looking out my window now I see zero snow and zero ice. These weather wonks have become as bad as the regular main stream media. LIARS!!!

About 15" of light fluffy snow so far. 3-6" more tonight. No icing/sleet. Clear and cold from Tuesday AM for a while. If can wait, Tuesday would be when to travel.

I cleaned wood stove flue Saturday before the roof got slick, and pulled out truckloads of dry ash from the woodlot. Glad I did both.

Wood rack is full and it's 80 oF inside.

Great deer hunting weather. I'm off tracking/stalking this PM.......

Snow Storm-wood-rack.jpg
    RedLion, Rellgar, Slippy and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Just went through here yesterday. Suppose to get 8-12 but only got about 4 but it was wet heavy snow that sticks to everything. Tree limbs snapping off onto power lines. Power was out for a few hours but no big deal already had the wood stove going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Storm-dsc02566.jpg  

Slippy and Joe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Just went through here yesterday. Suppose to get 8-12 but only got about 4 but it was wet heavy snow that sticks to everything. Tree limbs snapping off onto power lines. Power was out for a few hours but no big deal already had the wood stove going.
    Keep it up there . All we got was rain and a dusting of snow. I been riding the smaller sidecar rig today. 26 degrees and sunny.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    About 15" of light fluffy snow so far. 3-6" more tonight. No icing/sleet. Clear and cold from Tuesday AM for a while. If can wait, Tuesday would be when to travel.

I cleaned wood stove flue Saturday before the roof got slick, and pulled out truckloads of dry ash from the woodlot. Glad I did both.

Wood rack is full and it's 80 oF inside.

Great deer hunting weather. I'm off tracking/stalking this PM.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wood rack.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	101675
    Good luck hunting. I shot two small bucks during rifle season in MN.
    Slippy and Mad Trapper like this.

Hi of 45 and partly sunny today at Slippy Lodge.

Snow Storm-img_1721.jpg

Starting to cool down so I started a cozy little fire waiting on Mrs S to get home from sitting with her mom.

Snow Storm-img_1720.jpg

The Weather Channel as well as most other weather media people are as full of shit as the rest of the media. I'm sick of getting roped into their sensationalism. They blab on and on about nothing but bullshite and 99% of the time they are full of it. Be prepared for the worst at all times. That's what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Keep it up there . All we got was rain and a dusting of snow. I been riding the smaller sidecar rig today. 26 degrees and sunny.
    Heard and seen a few snowmobiles running the ditches already. Roads have been saturated with chloride and salt so bikes are all done till spring rain washes that crap off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Heard and seen a few snowmobiles running the ditches already. Roads have been saturated with chloride and salt so bikes are all done till spring rain washes that crap off.
    I do hope they get to use them this year. The local trail runs across my land. They did call a couple weeks ago and ask permission as they do every year. Corn was not off then ,it is now. I ride the rigs year round. life way to short to worry about a little salt.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Mrs S swears that Christmas decorations immediately after Thanksgiving always puts me in a great mood! (I'll let the crazy old woman think what she wants! Cheers! )

Snow Storm-img_1722.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links