Snow Storm - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow Storm

This is a discussion on Snow Storm within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Prayers up for those impacted by the storm. My old childhood chum in Noo Hampsha seems to survive on hot cider and ginger cookies. Course ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Snow Storm

Prayers up for those impacted by the storm. My old childhood chum in Noo Hampsha seems to survive on hot cider and ginger cookies. Course he lives up there in a nice toasty house and aint just passing through. As far as driving in it I would take some nice snow any old day over solid ice like they get at Amarillo.
    Annie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Mrs S swears that Christmas decorations immediately after Thanksgiving always puts me in a great mood! (I'll let the crazy old woman think what she wants! Cheers! )

Attachment 101685
    Hope nobodies AA sponsor sees this.
    Slippy likes this.

We had 12 inches here overnight, a lull in it for a few hours.

Spent almost 3 hours cleaning walkways, parking lot and driveway of the stuff.

Was right at 31-32 degrees all day, stuff was heavy and stuck to everything.

It started snowing again about an hour ago, suppose to be only 3-5 inches by noon tomorrow.

@Annie , you should get a hose and 20 pound tank for those heaters.

Hope you are not offended that I used your name and suggested something.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 12-02-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Annie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    We had 12 inches here overnight, a lull in it for a few hours.

Spent almost 3 hours cleaning walkways, parking lot and driveway of the stuff.

Was right at 31-32 degrees all day, stuff was heavy and stuck to everything.

It started snowing again about an hour ago, suppose to be only 3-5 inches by noon tomorrow.

@Annie , you should get a hose and 20 pound tank for those heaters.

Hope you are not offended that I used your name and suggested something.
    Thanks SOCOM. That makes sense.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Sounds like yall might want to consider a relocation to Texas. We are running around in bermuda shorts and flip flops in Cowtown.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Sounds like yall might want to consider a relocation to Texas. We are running around in bermuda shorts and flip flops in Cowtown.
    Went out yesterday PM, all animals except a squirrel and a coyote still hunkered down, no deer moving. Looks like snowshoes instead of flip flops @bigwheel .

Got 5-6" more snow overnight, snow knee deep, clearing now. Will take all day to dig out.
    bigwheel likes this.

Well another day and another foot of the stuff.

The temp is 26 degrees but no wind indicated.

I just ate my breakfast, and waiting for the prescription pain pills to take effect, then will start all over.

It does get harder to do as you get older(no pun intended), my back is biggest problem to me.

I only use the snow blower, no shoveling because of the back, it is just plum worn out.

Plus a few problems from going out a helicopter door about 20' above the ground.

Kid finishes the job of shoveling up the leftover.

Never got a blade for the tractor, was going to build a blower for it with its own engine,

no PTO needed then, can pressure its own hydraulics.

A blade does not work well around here, a blower is best.

@Annie , here is a hose assembly for them,

on low setting you can get 3-1/2 days out of a 20# tank running continuously, cost me $11.00 to fill each one.

I have one running at the foot of my bench to keep my legs warm while sitting down in the shop.

My back up bunk house (comm shelter) has one with two 100 pound tanks attached,

that will last for roughly two months,have spare 100# tanks also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12Ft-Propan...gAAOSwCtFdlwfj
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 12-03-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Mad Trapper, Slippy, Annie and 2 others like this.

I'm going to be plowing with a 1940s tractor, with 6V +ground electrical system........ Glad I put the tire chains on last week! A new set of sparkies!
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 12-03-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    Slippy and Annie like this.

Super Moderator

@SOCOM42 do you think this one (over at Amazon) will work okay? The price is a little better. I get "free" shipping with Prime. Thanks.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    @SOCOM42 do you think this one (over at Amazon) will work okay? The price is a little better. I get "free" shipping with Prime. Thanks.
    The reason it is cheaper is that it does not have the quick disconnect fitting to fit into the heater.

It fits nothing as is, needs an adapter to whatever else it is going to.

I don't know which Mr Heater you have but the key is if it has the QD fitting or not.

If yours has places for two 1 pound tanks, it should also have the quick disconnect on the left side along with the one pound fitting.

The unit I showed you is ready to plug and play.

See if you can find a cheaper one than I showed you which was just for reference.

Word of caution, when attaching the hose fitting to the tank, do not over tighten,

you can break the plastic spacer that is designed for that purpose.

It would require a completely new reg/pol assembly, I broke one and had to make the spacer, but I made it out of aluminum.

Required a bit of machining on the pol stem also.

There is an adapter to fit to the one pounder fitting if needed.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 12-03-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Annie likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links