SHTF w/ kids (keeping quiet) - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SHTF w/ kids (keeping quiet)

This is a discussion on SHTF w/ kids (keeping quiet) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Straight jacket? I'm not joking. I think I'm gonna need some for a family member or two....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: SHTF w/ kids (keeping quiet)

Super Moderator

Straight jacket? I'm not joking. I think I'm gonna need some for a family member or two.
    Slippy and JustAnotherNut like this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Forget watching horror movies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Straight jacket? I'm not joking. I think I'm gonna need some for a family member or two.
    A straight jacket will hold em but won't shut them up......gotta get the duct tape for that. LOL
    Slippy, Prepared One and Annie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    A straight jacket will hold em but won't shut them up......gotta get the duct tape for that. LOL
    I have lots of duct tape.
    Annie and JustAnotherNut like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Books are a wonderful diversion for kids. That is why I wrote my series of children's books.

If I were stuck with a screaming kid, I would just sit them down with my first best-seller: "Daddy Drinks Because You Cry". I expect that would keep them well sorted out.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    At what point do you leave the person behind and move on without them? Sure it will be a hard choice but self preservation of the group or yourself should be top priority.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 13
Size:  733.6 KB
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

This very thought has crossed my mind. My step daughter has Downs syndrome and mild autism. Keeping her quiet at times is hard. She is very smart though and I believe she would understand when there was danger. It is something I'll have to continue working with her on. It does worry me though because when we play hide 'n seek and I say "where are you" I'll hear a little voice from the closest say "here I am".

As to the point someone made about leaving them behind, never going to happen. If she became a detriment to a group I was in I would tell them to go on without us. I'd give my last breath to save that kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy, Inor, Annie and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Books are a wonderful diversion for kids. That is why I wrote my series of children's books.

If I were stuck with a screaming kid, I would just sit them down with my first best-seller: "Daddy Drinks Because You Cry". I expect that would keep them well sorted out.
    Advise to young parents;

Give your spouse a Full Set Edition of @Inor 's Children books. Our life changed so much for the better after Mrs Slippy gave me a First Edition Signed Copy of Inor's best seller; "Develop a Strong Back-Hand" ...That Lawn Ain't Gonna Mow Itself"! And other Motivation Tips!
    Last edited by Slippy; 12-02-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    So I saw that war of the worlds flick the other night on Hulu. It's an older movie now but decent. Except for the screaming girl throughout the movie. I kept thinking, someone shut that kid up! and I've thought this before when I've watched movies or if I run simulations for a variety of more than likely never gonna happen scenarios ... and I think, what if I had to keep my kid quiet and calm and wasn't able to?

What if they panicked? what if it was an adult who was panicking. Of course, I would be tempted to pull some movie-style slap the person in the face to get them to stop freaking out but in real life, would it even happen that way? what would you do if you had to keep your kid quiet to escape or bug out safely and quietly? the reality is, no one knows how they'll react unless they've already been tested in the service or want not.

I've actually looked into it and I've decided I would probably buy some Valerian Root or maybe if I could get my hands on something, something to knock my kid out entirely would be preferable if I had to. The reality is I guess ... prepping when you have kids is sorta petrifying. or with the elderly or disabled. at least the elderly know what's going on. but children and the disabled or even just adults with panic tendencies, idk.

what would be your game plan if you were paired up with someone with a panic disorder, the disabled, small child, etc. ?

In World war 2, in Burma, Sir Ord Wingate, 2nd cousin to Lawrence of Arabia, proposed Long Range Penetration groups to attack and harass the Japanese. The groups surgeons would cut the vocal cords of all burros so that they could not bray and give away their location as they used them to haul pack trains across the mountains.

That worked well for them..... just saying. Fear of having that done to them is also a pretty good sound suppressant.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Many years ago, i watched the last episode of MASH. The one where Hawkeye is in the boobyhatch. They eventually showed
    hawkeye went over the edge because a Korean mother smothered her infant because it was crying and would draw the
    attention of the enemy to the location where they were hiding in the bus. I was was both horrified and sympathetic.

I remember that show. Too bad she couldn't've slapped that baby on the breast. What was with that?
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links