How many of us are there?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How many of us are there? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Usually when I read a thread on SHTF, especially if it involves firearms, I get the feeling everyone things we'll all be up against a ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How many of us are there?

Super Moderator

Usually when I read a thread on SHTF, especially if it involves firearms, I get the feeling everyone things we'll all be up against a world of preppers. At least that's my perception.

So I had the thought, how many actual preppers are in the US. We have roughly 327 million people here but what percentage actually prep? I know this is a bit hard to know since I am giving no definition of what would be considered a prepper.

But in general, what percentage of people in the US prep?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

My guess...less tha 5 percent. Might be wrong but bet it is a very low number of people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    ...I get the feeling everyone things we'll all be up against a world of preppers........
    Did you mean thinks instead of things?

If so, why would preppers be up against a world of preppers? Wouldn't we be up the unprepared?

My guess is less that 1% of Americans are active preppers. Yeah, some may have the basics covered for things like floods, blizzards etc. But not for an extended grid-down people-are-dying-in-the-streets event.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Less than 1%, especially now that President Trump has things turning around. And I think more preppers will stop prepping.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I think I remember seeing a figure of 8 million somewhere. That was an estimation as I recall and I don’t remember it being qualified. How many of that 8 million are hard core? How many call themselves peppers thinking an extra can of beans and a flashlight is being prepared? Who knows.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

I dare say not really that many. I think we are going to be dealing with a lot of people who will do anything to get what we have.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

True preppers with 6 months to a year ability to get by without doing a thing I'd say it's low,
    very low maybe one half of one per-cent!

Name:  173.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  42.3 KB
    Sasquatch likes this.

From this website. https://www.finder.com/doomsday-prepper-statistics

Not sure if you should use total population figures, what about folks with young children. 68 million, have no idea what percentage of the population that is.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Super Moderator

0. 00018%
    Give or take a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    What would be considered the baseline? The line at which one is considered a prepper versus not, there are many variables . Someone with property that can be self sustaining or a suburban home with an underground shelter with a year’s supply of everything needed, what is the true definition of a “prepper”?
    Annie likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links