How many of us are there? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How many of us are there?

This is a discussion on How many of us are there? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy How many here have lived for an extended period without electricity and running water? No TV, no internet, shaving ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How many of us are there?

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    How many here have lived for an extended period without electricity and running water?
    No TV, no internet, shaving and brushing your teeth in the same canteen cup of water?
    Eating out of cans, outdoors?
    No hot showers?

It builds character.
    I know I have done it.

I consider myself a hardcore prepper, have been for a long time.

About 5 years ago, a winter snow storm took out the electric for the whole

town/area for three weeks, we went through that like a breeze.

Without spending a lot of time here, food stocks for 5 years, guns and ammo

for a lifetime, fuel 2 -5 years, unlimited wood for stoves.

Unlimited water, 5 years of meds nitro purged and frozen.

I thank my doctor brother for the meds.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-15-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Prepared One, Gunn, SDF880 and 2 others like this.

Most people I know around here (family and friends) would be considered a prepper by others, but it's just a way of life to us.
    San likes this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I counting on the fact that 1% od the people prep and will hunt the 99% down...kill them...take what they have and then over trade ib slaves and deodorant for food grown and peaceful trade with the preppers. Or ELse I will over through them, eat their organs ans add to my harem of sex slaves to over to thier neighbor....cause lord knows neighbors covet...and I deal in coveting,,,,, oh you like the nighbors 14 years old girl? Whatcha trade for 10 minutes with her.... get you some sparky....killl him for being a pedophile....14 year olds for sale....14 year olds for sale.... That way by the time they are 16 they are thankful to marry the khan,,,,,me.... and bear my wardens.......oh wait? you judge me. well lets e how that plays out,,,, a ho at 14 to the masses or a princes to the khan at 16................Evil and wicked? yes, vile and disgusting sure....but you will have thankful girls and little manly me to contend with for the next 30 years,,,earl of the bruce of Dean,....dean of the earl....dean of the bruce.... the bruce....the dean,.....
    Last edited by Old SF Guy; 11-15-2019 at 11:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I counting on the fact that 1% od the people prep and will hunt the 99% down...kill them...take what they have and then over trade ib slaves and deodorant for food grown and peaceful trade with the preppers. Or ELse I will over through them, eat their organs ans add to my harem of sex slaves to over to thier neighbor....cause lord knows neighbors covet...and I deal in coveting,,,,, oh you like the nighbors 14 years old girl? Whatcha trade for 10 minutes with her.... get you some sparky....killl him for being a pedophile....14 year olds for sale....14 year olds for sale.... That way by the time they are 16 they are thankful to marry the khan,,,,,me.... and bear my wardens.......oh wait? you judge me. well lets e how that plays out,,,, a ho at 14 to the masses or a princes to the khan at 16................Evil and wicked? yes, vile and disgusting sure....but you will have thankful girls and little manly me to contend with for the next 30 years,,,earl of the bruce of Dean,....dean of the earl....dean of the bruce.... the bruce....the dean,.....
    Epic 3000th post.

I don't understand it, but it's epic.
    A Watchman likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    There's my OSFG...
    KAWABUNGA..
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

A government EMP report I read maybe 5 years ago estimated that between 8 and 12% of Americans had sufficient food, shelter, and access to clean water for a 3 week emergency.
    Somewhere around 5% would be good for 3 months. These are probably people who can their food and live in a rural area who don't require a med to survive.

The report estimated that between 1 and 2% were good for a year. This group was what the report considered "preppers".

This doesn't mean that everyone else would starve or die from bad water. These numbers were for the people who already had access to what they needed were they lived; I'm assuming on their property. Many who don't have what they needed to survive would travel to areas where there is excess food such as crops or cows.

I am also on a Mormon prepper board. The Mormons have as part of their doctrine food storage. So few of them are prepping that they have lowered the standard from a one year supply to a 3 month supply. It turns out that they are having trouble just trying to get people to adhere to the 3 months. Normalcy bias is something most of this country is afflicted with. That is true there too. I quit talking about it years ago to other people because they look at you like you are mentally ill for preparing.

So I'm with the 1% or less figure.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I quit talking about it years ago to other people because they look at you like you are mentally ill for preparing.
    I know what's it's like to be the lone ranger. About twenty years ago as I talked about security, my friends and co-workers said that it was downright "paranoid" to carry knives or guns. Then Madison had a spate of nonsense sniper-like shootings. Suddenly I got questions like, "Hey, buddy, ol' pal, what's the best kind of cheap but functional concealed weapon I should be buying..."

You know as well as I do that kind of idiot is going to be in an ER very soon with several toes blown off from not listening.
    inceptor likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Few but not relying on others for sustenance.

Quote Originally Posted by PAPrepper View Post
    Few but not relying on others for sustenance.
    As much as I admire independence, I don't think that America really looks up to men of singular distinction. I think that concept died more than 20 years ago, and now we are the "Can't we all get along" society.

Then again, I was a member of a 'fraternity,' and I believe it actually helps younger male adults develop amid a class of "been there done that" older mentors. This is a fulfilling yet delicate balance to sustain. How do you become a tightly knit organization of all leaders and precious few Indians?

Did you ever notice in the old Frankenstein movies that when the irate mob takes to the street there is an equal number of guys with torches to an equal number of guys with pitchforks?

In all that anger, how did that mob organize this incredible balance?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links