How many of us are there? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How many of us are there?

This is a discussion on How many of us are there? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If we define Prepper to mean one person (adult or child), who in their opinion, is prepared now to stay alive in a chaos world ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How many of us are there?

If we define Prepper to mean one person (adult or child), who in their opinion, is prepared now to stay alive in a chaos world for 3 months or longer, I would have to speculate no more than 1% of the population. The key phrase here is In their opinion, is prepared now.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 11-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

I think it all depends on what defines a prepper
    Someone who prepares for a local short term disaster, hurricane, tornado, power outage, etc.
    Someone who prepares for any long term disaster
    Someone who prepares for a real, long term disaster like an EMP, financial collapse, etc.

There are those who fall into each or all these catagories.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Hmmm.
    To be absolutely sure before I commit myself, I'd have to see it first.
    You and me both!
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I ordered several fresh cases of MRE's, bought a Swisher trail mower, a case of ammo and laid out a plan for my farm last week. Personally, I feel as if I am rather alone. Locally anyway.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

If I were a prepper....would I answer a questionnaire or poll about whether I'm a prepper or not? I think I'd give my standard answer... I aspire to be prepared for whatever life throws my way. That is the extent of my preps. I'm a mental prepper, with a violent capacity that has yet to be fully measured, and a fairly surly outlook on life. so yes....I'm prepared.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Usually when I read a thread on SHTF, especially if it involves firearms, I get the feeling everyone things we'll all be up against a world of preppers. At least that's my perception.

So I had the thought, how many actual preppers are in the US. We have roughly 327 million people here but what percentage actually prep? I know this is a bit hard to know since I am giving no definition of what would be considered a prepper.

But in general, what percentage of people in the US prep?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I guess it's impossible to really say how many are prepared or are preparing, let alone for what in particular they prepare. Not many near around by me are prepared for anything is all I can say.
    Sasquatch likes this.

My WAG is 1% to 3%. Basing this on an intersection of ex-military, amateur radio operators, gun enthusiasts, and out door enthusiasts, all of whom have some finger into a skill set of prepping.

Remembering also how the Y2K, 9-11, Katrina, and nearly daily news of Islamic jihadist attacks are steering people to think about being prepared for the next shoe to drop.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gyro_cfi; 11-14-2019 at 09:56 PM.

The Good Cop

How many here have lived for an extended period without electricity and running water?
    No TV, no internet, shaving and brushing your teeth in the same canteen cup of water?
    Eating out of cans, outdoors?
    No hot showers?

It builds character.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

How many here have lived for an extended period without electricity and running water?
    No TV, no internet, shaving and brushing your teeth in the same canteen cup of water?
    No hot showers?

It builds character.
    Denying all sorts of little pleasures for periods of time strengthens the will. Fasting, making small sacrifices and offering them up to God makes us stronger and pleases Him. Skipping a meal or taking a cold shower in winter; things like. Detaching from luxuries will help people cope better when SHTF.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    No hot showers?

It builds character.
    Yes, I imagine it can be a character builder.

My daughter and I, for the past 5 years, take a month during the summer and go camping. Just tents, usually in remote areas and we really enjoy it. But, for me, it brings up areas of improvement should we have to do that long term. Granted, we resupply at towns, etc but we tend to carry enough food of various types for an extended period.

After hurricane Ike, and being with out electric for quite awhile, it opens ones eyes to the level of preparedness (or not)
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links