How many of us are there? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How many of us are there?

This is a discussion on How many of us are there? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Camel923 Many more vultures and predators than preppers. I would say 3 percent. Would have enough preparations or skills to make 6 ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How many of us are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Many more vultures and predators than preppers. I would say 3 percent. Would have enough preparations or skills to make 6 months.
    I know far more people whose attitude is, "I''ll just come to your place", than, "I need to make sure I can take care of myself." Fact is, probably 90% of the people who have actually had the wherewithal to contemplate the future, depending on someone else is their primary goal. Either a prepper (either by association or by force), family & friends, Uncle Sam etc. Of the other 10%, most will probably buy a pre-made kit of supplies online, stash it away and let it rot away. Once needed, they will realize their 'stash' is no longer usable, and become part of the 90%.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    My ass.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    That’s what I thought. Slow day at the strip club?
    Mish and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    I just thought it ironic you pointed out a grammatical error and them made a grammatical error while pointing out someone's grammatical error.
    Um,... well,... ya see.... that's the point. I intended to do that. Yea. That's it!
    Robie and soyer38301 like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    That’s what I thought. Slow day at the strip club?
    Just seeing how many likes My Ass can get. Lol

Last edited by Mish; 11-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

The Good Cop

Not very many.
    To see this for real, simply be in Florida when a hurricane is coming. Two days before predicted landfall the grocery store shelves have been stripped completely clean, like a wheat field that got hit by locusts.
    Water and gasoline is non existent. Home Depot and Lowes are out of basics like generators and gas cans.

EVEN THOUGH this is Florida, and we get a number of hurricanes and tropical storms EVERY YEAR!!

There are not many "preppers" here, and if there are not many here, in HURRICANE CENTRAL, there won't be many anywhere else.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Just seeing how many lines My Ass can get. Lol

Hmmm.
    To be absolutely sure before I commit myself, I'd have to see it first.
    Slippy, Mish, Piratesailor and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Did you mean thinks instead of things?

If so, why would preppers be up against a world of preppers? Wouldn't we be up the unprepared?

My guess is less that 1% of Americans are active preppers. Yeah, some may have the basics covered for things like floods, blizzards etc. But not for an extended grid-down people-are-dying-in-the-streets event.
    Yes I did mean thinks. Sometimes this ducking autocorrect has a mind of its own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Need to get started at some point.

Can't think of anyone I'm aware of locally that will last more then a few days. This would be during summer, winter time even less. So less then one percent, maybe.

If we were to use the folks I know as the true group, . . .

We're hovering at 1% and maybe even less.

One family for sure I know has his stuff together, . . . another family does a lot of canning, so they're a "maybe", . . . but he's a wallflower wimp when it comes to protection / weaponry / and just plain old fashioned grit.

Probably more that I don't know about, . . . but not many from some of the conversations I have had with folks.

"Nahh, . . . ain't nothing like that gonna happen here", . . . seems to be the attitude, . . . and besides, when the big stores close, . . . there is still Dollar General, . . . yeah , . . . right.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I am probably more prepared than 99.9999999%. With food, ammo, meds and BOL, but I still feel like I am not prepared enough.
    Annie and JustAnotherNut like this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links