Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Home Security (Grid-Down Home Security)

8K views 58 replies 26 participants last post by  Swrock 
#1 ·
I couldn't find a search feature so apologies if this is done to death but I was hoping to partake in a thread on this topic. What are the best ways to prep against a home invasion? What about a grid down situation? The game plan would differ since many items on the market rely on the internet or electricity in general. Any ideas for grid-down home security other than a dog?

#49 ·
We also have a dog, and he's a great little fuzz-butt alarm clock. But that's the problem I have.

Sure, he takes point and notifies us that someone is on their way to our front door. But from there I would try to intervene. With people so callused and ignorant, some poser might try to shoot our dog to silence him.

I would never send him out alone.

#57 · (Edited)
First of all, ask what source the water is taken from. If stand-alone well or borehole, you will have to take the liquid from it for analysis. This will help determine the concentration of heavy metals and other harmful components. If the examination shows that you can not eat this moisture, you will have to rebuild everything or buy an expensive purification system. That section of the pipeline, which runs on the street, should be well insulated; otherwise, it can burst or freeze in the winter. It is recommended to check some of the pipes in the house for rust and leaks. But I didn't do all this because I just bought a house and lot for sale and didn't have to deal with all kinds of problems.

#58 ·
First of all, ask what source the water is taken from. If stand-alone well or borehole, you will have to take the liquid from it for analysis. This will help determine the concentration of heavy metals and other harmful components. If the examination shows that you can not eat this moisture, you will have to rebuild everything or buy an expensive purification system. That section of the pipeline, which runs on the street, should be well insulated; otherwise, it can burst or freeze in the winter. It is recommended to check some of the pipes in the house for rust and leaks. But I didn't do all this because I just bought a house and lot for sale and didn't have to deal with all kinds of problems.
Welcome to the forum. The link has been removed because it didn't really relate to your post. I'm wondering if that was self promotion. I hope not and hope you are here to contribute. Pop on over to New Member Introductions and introduce yourself if you would please.

#59 ·
A roll of chicken wire stretched across an area of the yard with empty aluminum cans hanging on it will get your attention when somebody runs into it or tries to go over it.
Provided somebody is awake to hear it.
Wife and I have discussed this scenario and would sleep in shifts if it got bad.
Crossbow with night vision scope would be handy. Quietly take out a thug without alerting other gang members.
Of course guns and ammo at the ready at all times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.