What happened to our forum? - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What happened to our forum?

This is a discussion on What happened to our forum? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Depends on what is filling those boots! And how long it takes you to get her out of those boots. Well, ...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: What happened to our forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Depends on what is filling those boots!
    And how long it takes you to get her out of those boots. Well, unless you have a kinky side.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Damn, man!! I'm hungover and trying to enjoy my coffee! Why you have to be all serious and shat?! Lol

My prediction... I think people are mysteriously going to start killing themselves all over the world. They will jump off of buildings, shoot themselves, and even run themselves over with the lawnmower. It will take a small grip of scientist to figure out what is going on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    So, you are blaming the trees?

I saw that movie.
    Mish likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    In response to Slippy's question; I don't see how you have enough time on your hands to post 3,000 comments per year. I would get very little else accomplished if I did that. But in addition to the time factor - by the time I get around to reading a new post, there have already been so many posts in reply, that anything I could add would be redundant. For example, I got email notification of the new posts just last night or this morning and there are already 12 pages of comments ahead of this one, and about every reason I can think of has already been mentioned. Although I rarely post or even sign in, I do often read this forum (more so than any others), but usually on my phone when I'm taking a break from something else, and I can't very easily type on my phone cuza the tiny little buttons and fat fingers I guess. As far as the other reasons, let me just say; Elvis, Justanothernut, Hawgrider, and Crackpot have summed it all up. Now - back to shopping for those chainsaw rebuild parts...
    I feel your pain. I can't respond when I'm at work because I spend more time backspacing over typos.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    So, you are blaming the trees?

I saw that movie.
    Finally, I was waiting for someone to catch that!
    It could happen!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

In response to Slippy's question; I don't see how you have enough time on your hands to post 3,000 comments per year. I would get very little else accomplished if I did that. ...
    Time Management, Son, Time Management!

Or, more accurately...remember the movie The Princess Bride? The character Westley was also known as The Dread Pirate Roberts. It is revealed that The Dread Pirate Roberts is not one man, but a series of Pirates who pass the name and reputation to another Pirate to perpetuate the story of a mythical Buccaneer.

Well, Slippy is kinda like that. The guy that asked me to become the character "Slippy" wasn't the real "Slippy" and he told me that some dude from Bastrop, TX gave it to him and that guy supposedly got it from a girl in Omaha who got it from a team of out of work comedians from Bakersfield.

Crazy stuff, ain't it?

The Good Cop

In response to Slippy's question; I don't see how you have enough time on your hands to post 3,000 comments per year. I would get very little else accomplished if I did that. But in addition to the time factor - by the time I get around to reading a new post, there have already been so many posts in reply, that anything I could add would be redundant. For example, I got email notification of the new posts just last night or this morning and there are already 12 pages of comments ahead of this one, and about every reason I can think of has already been mentioned. Although I rarely post or even sign in, I do often read this forum (more so than any others), but usually on my phone when I'm taking a break from something else, and I can't very easily type on my phone cuza the tiny little buttons and fat fingers I guess. As far as the other reasons, let me just say; Elvis, Justanothernut, Hawgrider, and Crackpot have summed it all up. Now - back to shopping for those chainsaw rebuild parts...
    When I still worked full time I was the boss and spent a good part of my day at the computer. This forum was one of the first windows I cranked up in the morning and stayed open all day.
    I would read and post in between other tasks for 10 hours a day 5 days a week.
    Not only here, but I was a member of almost 100 forums ranging from guns to history to veterans to prepping.
    bigwheel, Slippy and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I've thinking about this for a while now. It seems under President Trump, the economy is much stronger than it was
    under obama. I know from talking to a few preppers, economic collapse was at the forefront of their worries. So,
    now there are less worries under Trump. I guess the idea of all the other disasters that we face have been
    marginalized, so preppers are fading. Add to that my own feeling of "at my age, is it worth the effort" is making me
    question my commitment to prepping. I can see I am already reducing my efforts in prepping. Maybe it is a sign of
    the times.
    hawgrider likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post

It would help if some of you old timers would share your knowledge or skills or prepping activities to boost those types of discussions.

Then there's the part about people going quiet......since we're all being monitored in some fashion by the government and as we get closer to SHTF, nobody wants to hang out a neon sign saying they've got the goods.
    In the seven years I have been here, I have always added to postings on subjects I have experience in.

Have even started a few threads over time.

I can assume that some have appreciated the postings seeing I have 8,796 likes to date.

At one time the originator of the forum personally requested my return after being gone for about six months,

today there are people here who would like to see me gone again, but for good.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-08-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    hawgrider, Denton, Slippy and 2 others like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    In the seven years I have been here, I have always added to postings on subjects I have experience in.

Have even started a few threads over time. I can assume that some have appreciated the postings seeing I have 6,796 likes to date.

At one time the originator of the forum personally requested my return after being gone for about six months,

today there are people here who would like to see me gone again, but for good.
    We don't need those people here at all!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    We don't need those people here at all!
    Thanks, had to correct the count, was 8 thousand not 6 thousand.
    Chiefster23 and hawgrider like this.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links