California fires question
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on California fires question within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Watching the news and it seems California is continuing burning to the ground. My question is why? They say the fires are caused by the ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: California fires question

Watching the news and it seems California is continuing burning to the ground. My question is why? They say the fires are caused by the power lines. Why is it that no other areas of the country are having these problems? How were the California power lines constructed differently than the rest of the country? I live in Pennsylvania with lots of really big coal fired plants in this area. We have high voltage power lines running everywhere and I can’t remember any incidents of fires caused by these lines. What’s up with PG&E?

My understanding its due to lack of maintenance and they're aging equipment. We get pretty high winds out here in Kansas and don't see the problems like they do. Ours start with cigarette butts, or even sparks coming off trains/tracks. We also get heavy ice from time to time, and the helps weed out any aging poles or lines. My guess is Cali doesn't get much of that!
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

CA has not taken care of brush issue for a long time . The fires are not really caused by the power company. This is CA way of forcing others to pay for their mistakes. And in the end own the power company. make no mistakes CA will pocket a lot of money when this is all over.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Wildfire Issue in California is due to multiple years of Incompetent Forestry Practices. PERIOD.

CA put all the blame and financial liability on the power company for whatever happens. Regardless of what causes the fire you sue the power company. Company now shuts down the power so they can't be blamed for fire trying to save themselves. There will end up being a big federal bailout for the power company. Cause the bunny huggers don't want you to cut a bush down and take care of the land. Wait for the mud slides this spring.
    Smitty901 and Deebo like this.

Geee, California sounds a lot like Venezuela. Wonder why that is?
    Smitty901, Slippy and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    My understanding its due to lack of maintenance and they're aging equipment. We get pretty high winds out here in Kansas and don't see the problems like they do. Ours start with cigarette butts, or even sparks coming off trains/tracks. We also get heavy ice from time to time, and the helps weed out any aging poles or lines. My guess is Cali doesn't get much of that!
    It's good to see you're still with us, my friend!!
    spork likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Boy, this topic strikes close to home--I just got a telephone call from a former classmate who now lives in California.

I had to ask just how far he was away from the fire. He told me he "could see some flames" but 'guessed' they were too far away to ever endanger him or his family.

My guess is that fires have a mind of their own...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

California is DRY DRY DRY DRY add high winds and touching or broken power lines.... poof rapid fire

PA, ME, NC, WV, NY... might have dry spells but nothing like CA....

When I was station at Pendleton.. our Lt shot up a flare... when it hit the ground it caught fire and it burnt 3,000 acres in a very short period of time... dry grass and wind... moves fast
    Be a Berean

Perhaps the EPA should fine CA for all the pollution they are putting in the air. That’s a lot of CO2, icebergs will melt because of this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links