California fires question - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

California fires question

This is a discussion on California fires question within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Slippy You/Hot Nursey and your folks OK Sasq? Let us know. Yep, I'm good. We had our scare last fire season so ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: California fires question

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    You/Hot Nursey and your folks OK Sasq? Let us know.
    Yep, I'm good. We had our scare last fire season so there's not much left near me to burn.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Yep, I'm good. We had our scare last fire season so there's not much left near me to burn.
    Let me get this straight. The brush was burned last year so there is less fuel to burn. You are good, now.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Let me get this straight. The brush was burned last year so there is less fuel to burn. You are good, now.
    Where I live yes.
    Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

CA government is starting these fires. They win . The brush gets burnt off, they can blame others. They sue the power company pocket the cash and in the end get the power company if they play it right.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

When I moved to a Southern state from NH I queried why the power would go out for many days with any storms. Finally an honest power employee told me it was due to a combination of not keeping the lines cleared and that they used a much lighter line because it was cheaper. Once the lines were kept clear it became much better.

Living in the central valley in California and having practiced Prepping for the last several years, I was ready for the PG&E shut down of our power for 2 days. My LP generator provided all the power we needed to continue living almost same as we usually do. All the appliances with the exception of the house A/C worked as usual while the generator operated approximately 4 hours each evening and 1 hour in the morning. The rest of the day was spent do tasks that didn't require power. This posed little or no burden on our life style during the blackout.

By the second morning without power there wasn't a generator available for sale in the closest cities and bottled water was flying off the shelves at the stores. PG&E suggested that the blackouts may continue for as long as 10 years and I believe that this first incident has acted as a wake up call the the people living in this poorly run state. And yes, I do wonder why California is the only state experiencing this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by ajk1941 View Post
    Living in the central valley in California and having practiced Prepping for the last several years, I was ready for the PG&E shut down of our power for 2 days. My LP generator provided all the power we needed to continue living almost same as we usually do. All the appliances with the exception of the house A/C worked as usual while the generator operated approximately 4 hours each evening and 1 hour in the morning. The rest of the day was spent do tasks that didn't require power. This posed little or no burden on our life style during the blackout.

By the second morning without power there wasn't a generator available for sale in the closest cities and bottled water was flying off the shelves at the stores. PG&E suggested that the blackouts may continue for as long as 10 years and I believe that this first incident has acted as a wake up call the the people living in this poorly run state. And yes, I do wonder why California is the only state experiencing this problem...
    Look at who you vote into office and it will all be clear to you.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Profit ahead of Safety. As of today (11/7/2019) Xcel Energy is currently combing the Rocky Mountains around our home (literally) up and down the mountains and they are testing every pole, every transformer, and every tree that is near a power line. Both old and new alike. They just told the Indian Peaks Fire Department they would not run power to a new building because the department built it under and too close to a power line. That is the flipping FIRE DEPT for you. An employee was sitting in my driveway yesterday and I challenged him and discovered that he was mapping the power poles and after a friendly discussion he said that they were doing extra diligence because of the fires in California. It has been stated here that California's political interference, failing to clear and mitigate underbrush and failing to clear trees from the power lines is the direct cause of the fires. Hummm, I wonder if the winds blowing the trees against uninsulated power lines might start a fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    CA put all the blame and financial liability on the power company for whatever happens. Regardless of what causes the fire you sue the power company. Company now shuts down the power so they can't be blamed for fire trying to save themselves. There will end up being a big federal bailout for the power company. Cause the bunny huggers don't want you to cut a bush down and take care of the land. Wait for the mud slides this spring.
    WOuldn't it be great if the power companies just left California and said...OK Cali...you run your own shit.

Then I'd bet once the rate hike hit folks would flee Cali like a sinking ship. But as much as I'd like Cali to fall off the coast. It does act as a Moran Magnet and suck idiots into it from al the other states....so its a good thing overall. Its like the room with the best view, but on the other side of the house from me. Thats where I want the retards to be.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Those goofy guvnors shoulda raked the Forest like Trump said.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links