California fires question - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

California fires question

This is a discussion on California fires question within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; As my friend Slippy pointed out, years ago California banned all logging in order to “save endangered species “. Logging is essential for the health ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: California fires question

The Good Cop

As my friend Slippy pointed out, years ago California banned all logging in order to “save endangered species “.
    Logging is essential for the health of a forest, AND the critters that live there.

How many animals have been burned alive because tree hugging eco freaks don’t have a clue about how nature really works?
    SOCOM42, Inor, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Close the borders..
    I object to your map including Wisconsin. We have confined the liberals to Madison and some parts of Milwaukee. The rest of the entire state hates the intervention of these self-imposed despoilers and we wish they would return to New York City or the northern section of Illinois, from where these idiots hail!
    Smitty901 and Denton like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

CA's plan was to by mismanagement, deceit,taxes ect was to run everyone except the wealthy out of the state. Allowing only non documented people to remain to do the work for the rich. They are easy to control and work cheap. But like everything CA does the plan failed.
    The fire is CA's fault not the power company. In CA it should be clear to everyone the government is their problem.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I object to your map including Wisconsin. We have confined the liberals to Madison and some parts of Milwaukee. The rest of the entire state hates the intervention of these self-imposed despoilers and we wish they would return to New York City or the northern section of Illinois, from where these idiots hail!

Well Tourist... good job. Maybe Colorado can take advantage of this as well as Wisconsin. (The only issue is that they still vote)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails California fires question-17853e06-bc47-42f4-97e1-71c8cf5ee780.jpeg  

"Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    As my friend Slippy pointed out, years ago California banned all logging in order to “save endangered species “.
    Logging is essential for the health of a forest, AND the critters that live there.

How many animals have been burned alive because tree hugging eco freaks don’t have a clue about how nature really works?
    Right you are RPD.

In the 80's the Spotted Owl in the Western US and the Red Cockaded Woodpecker in the Southern US were labeled "conservation crisis" by the US Government and specifically the US Forest Service. This scam led to one of the worst destruction of jobs and forest practices in the US. Forest Products manufacturing plants (plywood, lumber etc) were closed in small remote towns especially in the west and people's lives were devastated and whole towns went bankrupt or simply became extinct.

Studies were proven to be bogus and the facts were often shouted down by big government. The Bureau of Land Management grew stronger and stronger and many private timberland owners simply went away.

This then led to the fools in Congress adding layers of Tax implications to large corporate Forest Products companies, forcing many of them to sell their lands due to the horrible taxation.

Many believe the woodpecker and owl were never threatened but even today, their are groups that continue to lobby against tried and true forestry practices.

The good news is, that many private timberland owners manage their forest lands much better than ever before and today we have millions more acres of sustainable forests due to entreprenuers and American exceptionalism. But sadly, states like California continue to impose regulations and tax laws against the private landowner of timberlands and it has resulted in this Fire Fiasco. FUBAR

As a side bar 2 Rules that I learned in college regarding Forest Products and Forestry;

Rule 1 on Forest Products;

Keep Wood Inside Where it Belongs

Rule 2 on Forestry

Trees Die. Cut them down before they die so you can use them. Plant more trees.

Easy Peasy FOREST TREESY!
    Last edited by Slippy; 10-30-2019 at 08:28 AM.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Good point Slippy!!

And to that, Colorado may be be the next tinder box. It’s amazing the number of dead trees and I’m sure they will make great kindling.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Super Moderator

Looky here...like most politicians Newsom is a bought and paid for POS.

"But Newsom's 2018 campaign*took $58,400 from PG&E, and the political spending group "Citizens Supporting Gavin Newsom for Governor 2018" took $150,000,*ABC10*reported in July.
    That's a total of $208,400"

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...toffs-campaign

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    SGG and Slippy like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Well Tourist... good job. Maybe Colorado can take advantage of this as well as Wisconsin. (The only issue is that they still vote)
    The Madison libtards themselves refer to the capital city as "The Peoples' Republik of Madison." I think they have adopted such a bizarre love for communism, that one day the Gurnsey cows themselves will simply en masse' walk to Minnesota...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

And how many homes have been destroyed??!!
    Let us use the time as best we may.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    And how many homes have been destroyed??!!
    The Reagan library is now threatened.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links