California fires question - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

California fires question

This is a discussion on California fires question within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Watching the news and it seems California is continuing burning to the ground. My question is why? They say the fires ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: California fires question

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Watching the news and it seems California is continuing burning to the ground. My question is why? They say the fires are caused by the power lines. Why is it that no other areas of the country are having these problems? How were the California power lines constructed differently than the rest of the country? I live in Pennsylvania with lots of really big coal fired plants in this area. We have high voltage power lines running everywhere and I can’t remember any incidents of fires caused by these lines. What’s up with PG&E?
    There are many variables causing the fires. Homeless, cigarette butts, car fires on the side of the road, arsonists and the utilities no updating their equipment.

Some of those lines are 100 years old. They chose not to update for bigger profit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    There are many variables causing the fires. Homeless, cigarette butts, car fires on the side of the road, arsonists and the utilities no updating their equipment.

Some of those lines are 100 years old. They chose not to update for bigger profit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sasq my boy,

Don't take my word for it, Son2 is a Journeyman Lineman as you know. He is currently working in the Rockies for some major coinage. When he was researching places to go he considered California. His research within the Lineman community revealed that the Regulations imposed on Power companies made it extremely difficult for them to perform necessary maintenance and upgrades.

If you want to be a Lineman, don't go to California. If you want to be a redtape/paperwork doing bitch who gets written up for stomping and killing a cockroach as you raise your bucket truck to repair a line and get held up because some homeless transgenderd democrat global warming mtnally ill person doesn;t like what you are doing then go to California and get nothing done. He said the money is the same but the likelihood of getting in trouble while not getting anything done is much greater in CA.

Very sad.

By the way, he used to work for a large regional electrical supplier in the South East but Linework in the Rockies will net him in 8 weeks 1/3 of what he made all of last year. Crazy.
    Inor, spork, Smitty901 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    The Wildfire Issue in California is due to multiple years of Incompetent Forestry Practices. PERIOD.
    Didnt Trump call CA out about this a while ago...
    KUSA, Slippy, Smitty901 and 1 others like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    It's good to see you're still with us, my friend!!
    I've been so darn busy lately! No time to log in and read, let alone respond to anything. My only tie to the board here is I've been trying to keep up with the Denton and Sas Podcast...lol. Prepping and life goes on though. Hopefully with winter approaching my projects and commitments will dwindle some.

It seems many CA insures are no longer issuing fire insurance or not renewing policies . All playing into CA take overs. Watch now for calls to force the issuing of insurance at low rates . Forcing others to cover the cost. This is how CA works.
    If I had a mortgage and my insurance was canceled or was not renewed the lender would call the loan in default. Good luck CA. But don't worry CA will force someone else to pay for it.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Denton likes this.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    He said the money is the same but the likelihood of getting in trouble while not getting anything done is much greater in CA.
    Funny you should mention that. I was in grade school in Menomonee Falls during the year JFK was assassinated. I sat next to a guy that became one of my best childhood friends, simply because our assigned seats were alphabetical. Both of us have C.B. as initials. I am blessed for the that seating, because we still converse--except he now lives in California. He is career Navy--still the prankster, but he found California his paradise.

We were on the telephone yesterday, doing his favorite sport I call, "He's still alive, she's dead." I grab the old Periscope 1968 Edition and make the necessary adjustments to the 'senior class' picture section.

As this relates to California is that I was going to get him a decent knife, he doesn't even have a common folder. Then again, it is California and I don't want him arrested by SWAT for having an illegal "Wisconsin knife."

Of course, the bikers in California have been openly skirting the law since 1947. I'm thinking about starting a postal service called "Angel Assistance."

For a remarkably reasonable rate, a real-deal Hells Angel will deliver any package at any time and you can safely tell the police, "No officer, I haven't received a thing from UPS..."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Now more fromj CA say they are leaving. Close the borders before they do the same things to other states they did to CA. They never change.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Now more from CA say they are leaving. Close the borders before they do the same things to other states they did to CA. They never change.
    I've heard that. They hate the complexion and State Government so they move to a new state and make that "New California."

BTW, Wisconsin is full up. We need mega amounts of the land to keep the Guernseys fed and making the best dairy products in the entire country. We already have the barricades up for any traffic coming up from Illinois. We'll take in a Minnesota citizen, but only if he can name all 10,000 lakes.

Sooner or later the Wisconsin Posse Comitatus will launch a daring raid to free U.P. Michigan...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Now more fromj CA say they are leaving. Close the borders before they do the same things to other states they did to CA. They never change.
    Close the borders..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails California fires question-c24c026d-598f-470c-bebb-a08d43018205.jpeg  

Smitty901 and Slippy like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links