California fires question - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

California fires question

This is a discussion on California fires question within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 CA has not taken care of brush issue for a long time ........ Well, they certainly are now....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: California fires question

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    CA has not taken care of brush issue for a long time ........

    Well, they certainly are now.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

  2. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,642
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Perhaps the EPA should fine CA for all the pollution they are putting in the air. That’s a lot of CO2, icebergs will melt because of this.
    Now that's irony!!! I like it!
    KUSA, Smitty901 and Piratesailor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    18,167
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Perhaps the EPA should fine CA for all the pollution they are putting in the air. That’s a lot of CO2, icebergs will melt because of this.
    Right you are KUSA!

    California air pollution has not only melted all the icebergs but has killed ALL of the Polar Bears and little whacko pigtailed mentally ill climate change freaks around Slippy Lodge! Thanks Cali!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    California air pollution has killed ALL of the Polar Bears
    That may not be correct. I think it was Rush Limbaugh that reported last week that the polar bear population has now risen to 40K. Now he mistakenly stated 'the north pole,' but I think his overall count was probably closer to the truth.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  6. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    18,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Right you are KUSA!

    California air pollution has not only melted all the icebergs but has killed ALL of the Polar Bears and little whacko pigtailed mentally ill climate change freaks around Slippy Lodge! Thanks Cali!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    That may not be correct. I think it was Rush Limbaugh that reported last week that the polar bear population has now risen to 40K. Now he mistakenly stated 'the north pole,' but I think his overall count was probably closer to the truth.
    Advise to the youngsters;

    Please do not waste your money on a University of Wisconsin-Madison education. They do not teach the basics of reading comprehension.

    Thanks, your friend and academic advisor,

    Slippy!
    Prepared One likes this.

  7. #16
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,700
    Hey, Slip, I don't think Rush Limbaugh went to MFHS.

    I do know that this 'polar bear thing' is a real deal. For years lots of environmentalists used the polar bear as a "living barometer." If the population of polar bears was rising, it meant that the overall condition of Planet Earth was winning. If the polar bear were dying or being shot faster than they could replicate themselves, the environment was in trouble.

    I'll admit, I like some of this thinking for a simple reason. There is an imaginary line between the successful polar bear habitats and the fringe of where Canadians live. If we are doing the right things, the polar bear population grows. And the idea is that if an endangered species can grow in section of the earth where you really have to scratch for food to live--and you succeed--ergo, it means there has been no real spike in pollution and abuse.

    I believe the growth in polar bears went from 5K to 40k inside of 20 years. If correct, I also believe that their environment is healthy.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  8. #17
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    18,167
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Hey, Slip, I don't think Rush Limbaugh went to MFHS.

    I do know that this 'polar bear thing' is a real deal. For years lots of environmentalists used the polar bear as a "living barometer." If the population of polar bears was rising, it meant that the overall condition of Planet Earth was winning. If the polar bear were dying or being shot faster than they could replicate themselves, the environment was in trouble.

    I'll admit, I like some of this thinking for a simple reason. There is an imaginary line between the successful polar bear habitats and the fringe of where Canadians live. If we are doing the right things, the polar bear population grows. And the idea is that if an endangered species can grow in section of the earth where you really have to scratch for food to live--and you succeed--ergo, it means there has been no real spike in pollution and abuse.

    I believe the growth in polar bears went from 5K to 40k inside of 20 years. If correct, I also believe that their environment is healthy.
    (Slippy just smiles, chuckles and shakes his head. God Love Old People! )

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    (Slippy just smiles, chuckles and shakes his head. God Love Old People! )
    John Donne wrote, “Any man's death diminishes me." My personal problem is that there should be some form of "computer sorting system" so we can rightly deal with the true corrupted users. If I want to 'diminish the enemy' I want to make sure I chased the real villains.

    You don't leave a successful knife fight and say to crowd, "Well, close enough for government work..."
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  10. #19
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Now in AZ
    Posts
    8,592
    I'm waiting to see how long before the Oroville dam in CA (150 miles north of San Fran) lets go. Since the emergency in 2017, repairs have been made, but are those repairs enough to maintain the dam.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

  11. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,518
    California is just one disaster after another. Why would anybody want to continue living there? Why do they continue electing these left wing nut jobs?
    I vote we move the UN headquarters to LA and then kick Cali out of the union. Then Nancy can be president of Loonyville.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top