I must take a sabbatical.

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I must take a sabbatical. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; My friends, over the past several weeks I have not slept well. I had the feeling that something was "undone" but I didn't know what. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I must take a sabbatical.

My friends, over the past several weeks I have not slept well. I had the feeling that something was "undone" but I didn't know what. A few hours ago I prayed and asked God if I was being rebuked, and if so, what had I done.

It might seem odd, but God has made it clear that I stretch the truth too much. I am a story teller. Now, I am a CC Rider, there is a real Red Queen, I am going to turn 70, I do sell and sharpen knives and I am married. But I have used these facts as jumping off points for a good yarn.

For example, I know that I am German and Polish, but I admire the Italian culture. I immersed myself in it, and what seemed innocent was an example of the fruit of a poison tree. I have often mentioned that my dad and I had talks where he provided parables for my childish behavior; in truth, my dad was just a stern, cold and quiet man, and if I received any insights they came from others. I frittered away four years at the UW-Madison, and it's lucky I graduated, at all.

When I was about 14 I wanted to go to the the DeSales Preporatory Seminary in Milwaukee. Needless to say my dad objected quite strongly as he proudly referred to himself as a "heathen" and he would grin. At that point I didn't really have a goal, and some of my friends had motorcycles. I became a CC Rider quite young, and thankfully they also contributed to my growth and sternly rebuked me, as well. I did use my "gift of gab" in becoming a bill collector and credit manager, and it worked so well my wife and I bought a house. Boy, what an odd journey that has been.

So now God wants me to immerse myself on His objectives, and to do that I must just be faithful and realize no matter how hard this is I will be better on the other side. This missive is part of that initial phase, I believe God wants to test me, to admit to my wrongs openly and not short-change Him when difficulties arrive.

As I post this I will also be taking my Prepper Forum icon and deleting it so I will not be tempted to lurk or provide excuses for the rough spots that I know lay ahead. I hope I can come back, but I also sense God is going to put me on a one-way journey. Again, if I have offended any of you, I offer my sincerest apologies. But it appears I have other things to complete. Good-bye for now, my friends.--Chico, The Tourist.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Good bye. I guess you have to do what you have to do. Please do find your way back.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

As always …. choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for you.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good luck on your journey.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

I will pray for you my brother.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Super Moderator

Chico, you are a great story-teller, the type that would get an entire episode of American Pickers dedicated to him.
    Story-tellers have a certain license for embellishment as the story and not the truth is the centerpiece.

Follow God's path, though, and you'll never go wrong.

You always have a home at PF.

Take care. I'll give you a call when things level out at my place.

Denton
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Perfect timing, I was going to show him a single knife that I "polish" and use.

The edge is so critical that it is measured and inspected under a microscope.

Chico, do well on your voyage, and may God guide you on it.
    1skrewsloose and Denton like this.

The Good Cop

Keep in touch my friend, you have my number and address.
    If you ever get to the Fla/Ga border along the East Coast I’ll buy you a cup of truck stop coffee.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Chico,

God Speed my friend!
    @Denton please tell him hello from Slip and that I left him a PM.
    Denton likes this.

I'm not going to tell you good luck because you are on a mission for Christ and you don't need luck. I just look forward to the time we meet again.
    1skrewsloose likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links