Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

I must take a sabbatical.

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 ·
My friends, over the past several weeks I have not slept well. I had the feeling that something was "undone" but I didn't know what. A few hours ago I prayed and asked God if I was being rebuked, and if so, what had I done.

It might seem odd, but God has made it clear that I stretch the truth too much. I am a story teller. Now, I am a CC Rider, there is a real Red Queen, I am going to turn 70, I do sell and sharpen knives and I am married. But I have used these facts as jumping off points for a good yarn.

For example, I know that I am German and Polish, but I admire the Italian culture. I immersed myself in it, and what seemed innocent was an example of the fruit of a poison tree. I have often mentioned that my dad and I had talks where he provided parables for my childish behavior; in truth, my dad was just a stern, cold and quiet man, and if I received any insights they came from others. I frittered away four years at the UW-Madison, and it's lucky I graduated, at all.

When I was about 14 I wanted to go to the the DeSales Preporatory Seminary in Milwaukee. Needless to say my dad objected quite strongly as he proudly referred to himself as a "heathen" and he would grin. At that point I didn't really have a goal, and some of my friends had motorcycles. I became a CC Rider quite young, and thankfully they also contributed to my growth and sternly rebuked me, as well. I did use my "gift of gab" in becoming a bill collector and credit manager, and it worked so well my wife and I bought a house. Boy, what an odd journey that has been.

So now God wants me to immerse myself on His objectives, and to do that I must just be faithful and realize no matter how hard this is I will be better on the other side. This missive is part of that initial phase, I believe God wants to test me, to admit to my wrongs openly and not short-change Him when difficulties arrive.

As I post this I will also be taking my Prepper Forum icon and deleting it so I will not be tempted to lurk or provide excuses for the rough spots that I know lay ahead. I hope I can come back, but I also sense God is going to put me on a one-way journey. Again, if I have offended any of you, I offer my sincerest apologies. But it appears I have other things to complete. Good-bye for now, my friends.--Chico, The Tourist.

See less See more
#6 ·
Chico, you are a great story-teller, the type that would get an entire episode of American Pickers dedicated to him.
Story-tellers have a certain license for embellishment as the story and not the truth is the centerpiece.

Follow God's path, though, and you'll never go wrong.

You always have a home at PF.

Take care. I'll give you a call when things level out at my place.

Denton

#8 ·
Keep in touch my friend, you have my number and address.
If you ever get to the Fla/Ga border along the East Coast I’ll buy you a cup of truck stop coffee.

#12 ·
Will be waiting your return trip

#14 ·
A man must do what he thinks he must. I hope you find what your looking for my friend.

#21 ·
Guys, the issues I'm having are not forum related. Periodically (like once ever three to six months) I get antsy, unsure, and I feel I should heading out to someplace, I just don't know where.

Even when I drop out for awhile, I still lurk, just to hear you guys joking, sharing the news and posting political slants. The computer is just arm's reach from the sharpening stand. So I polish and lurk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.