I have a bad feeling about Green Bay.

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I have a bad feeling about Green Bay. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Except for a modicum of tequila in my veins, my heart bleeds green and gold for the Packers. And while not superstitious, I do pay ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I have a bad feeling about Green Bay.

Except for a modicum of tequila in my veins, my heart bleeds green and gold for the Packers. And while not superstitious, I do pay attention to 'The Signs and Wonders.'

For example, I got the stomach flu a few days ago. Then the dog got it. My wife took care of him, and she got the stomach flu. Oy, vey, that's the dreaded "three on a match" if ever there was one...or three.

So I did what had to be done. As you guys know, I am half German and Polish. I got some salt, placed it carefully in my right hand, tossed it over my left shoulder, and I demanded, "Possa te tormentare per sempre l'anima di Mussilini." It doesn't matter whom you curse, you just have to fight evil with evil.

The Pack plays the Lions tonight. I'm not a 'cat person.'
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Except for a modicum of tequila in my veins, my heart bleeds green and gold for the Packers. And while not superstitious, I do pay attention to 'The Signs and Wonders.'

For example, I got the stomach flu a few days ago. Then the dog got it. My wife took care of him, and she got the stomach flu. Oy, vey, that's the dreaded "three on a match" if ever there was one...or three.

So I did what had to be done. As you guys know, I am half German and Polish. I got some salt, placed it carefully in my right hand, tossed it over my left shoulder, and I demanded, "Possa te tormentare per sempre l'anima di Mussilini." It doesn't matter whom you curse, you just have to fight evil with evil.

The Pack plays the Lions tonight. I'm not a 'cat person.'
    I remember when I was a little runt with my mother at the PX. We went by the belts and I whined until my mother agreed to buy me a belt. Not knowing shit from Shinola, I picked out the Green Bay Packers. I just liked the way it looked.

I don't give a hoot about pro sports but I can't help wishing the Packers well.
    soyer38301 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

NBA, NFL can ..... edited.
    inceptor likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@The Tourist does that mean if I move to WI I have to give up my Bears?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by soyer38301 View Post
    @The Tourist does that mean if I move to WI I have to give up my Bears?
    Of course not! You can sit next to me, The Road Captain and a few enforcers and hate the Bears as loudly as anyone.

We have T-shirts that say, "The Bears blamed it on the cow." That would be Mrs. Catherine O'leary's cow.

Pick a loser, Sid Luckman, Mitchell Trubisky, Jim McMahon, George Blanda, or Jim Harbaugh. We can pick the old guys who all had heart--and then we boo!
    Smitty901, soyer38301 and Slippy like this.

Before I turned on the NFL fully there were some rules. Good or bad season the Packers must defeat the bears and the vikings all other losses would be forgiven.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

People in my neighborhood hate the Bears. Here's an example.

Due to my staunch love of law and order I use it sparingly as to never run out. But one night I ran into Vito Esparrago, my local beat cop. Nice guy, but he breaks out on tomato paste. Well, I digress. I had an idea last Halloween, but I needed permission.

I asked Ofc. Esparrago if I could hang a dummy on the big tree in my front yard. He happily complied, even wrote me a legal script, dated it and signed his name. A couple of hours later he swung back and got out of the squad car.

He began, "Gee, Chico, that 'dummy' of yours is kicking and moaning! Is there a guy in that outfit?"

"Yes, there is--it's Shamus O'Flaherty, the Bear fan," I responded, "You remember him--stiffed you out of a measly five bucks for The Policemen's Ball..."

Ofc. Esparrago leaned back on the fender of a cruiser, scratched his chin and shrugged, "Okay, gumba, you can do this just this once, but you cut him down at midnight, this is still my beat..."
    Last edited by The Tourist; 10-14-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

About six-odd weeks ago we had bad rains in Wisconsin. As luck would have it, both the playing fields at Camp Randall and Lambeau Field had severe damage. But it was only at Lambeau Field where the police were called. It turns out that someone found a body at the Camp's south end.

The coroner was called, and not being a football fan he simply read the name from the body, "The guy's name is George Stanley Halas."

At that moment, another Green Bay police officer called from the other end of the field. He too had found a body.

The city's officer-of-the-day sighed and said, "Gee, I hope that other body is Vince Foster and we can all just go home..."
    soyer38301 likes this.

Efff the NFL

Personally, I think the game is fixed--in favor of those Lions. Duh, a lion is just a cat.

A couple of referees just walked onto the field, and one of them started, "This chew-toy will be part of the toss. If the chew-toy lands like this, it's tails and he's a bad-widdow kitty. This is heads, that's good, as good as a clean litter box. Now Detroit, you're the visitors--call it!"

Then all I heard was , "Litter box! Litter box!"

I shut it off...
    soyer38301 and terryna like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links