I have a bad feeling about Green Bay. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I have a bad feeling about Green Bay.

This is a discussion on I have a bad feeling about Green Bay. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Just take a knee. Then buy some nikes..........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I have a bad feeling about Green Bay.

Just take a knee.

Then buy some nikes.......

The Good Cop

I can remember a time when Green Bay played in what was known as the Black And Blue league.
    Now the NFL are a bunch of sissies compared to those days.
    The only real football is when the service academies play each other.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I can remember a time when Green Bay played in what was known as the Black And Blue league.
    Now the NFL are a bunch of sissies compared to those days.
    The only real football is when the service academies play each other.
    You are partially correct RPD

OFF the FIELD of play, a large portion of NFL players are whining social justice warriors and thugs.

ON the FIELD of play, the players have never been bigger, stronger, faster than they are today.

QB's arms are stronger than over, Kickers have the ability to kick further field goals, Strength and Conditioning levels are off the charts and athleticism is crazy high compared to just 10 years ago, never mind 30, 40 50 years ago. Speed of play of ALL positions is unbelievable. Players are leaner due to the science of conditioning.

The 225 lb bench press test (max reps with 225lbs) is an indicator of speed and strength. The number of reps today by position player is mind boggling compared to any other representative test of years ago.

Anyhoo, I still watch the game because I love the game. I enjoy watching the game when its played well. But I cannot stand the social justice bs that accompanies the game off the field of play.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

@Slippy , think of it this way - college players are trying to make it to the NFL, NFL players are trying to excell so their manager can get them another 15 or 20 million bucks at contract time, while Army, Navy, and Air Force can look forward to active duty when their academy time is up.

Also, at the Army/Navy game every player on the field is willing to die for every body watching. Can Georgia, LSU or any other team say that? I won't even ask about NFL, we already know THAT answer.
    Army/Navy is pure football, played for (a) the love of the game, and (b) bragging rights.

For the record - my favorite regular college team is whoever is playing the Florida Gators.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

What a nail-biter! The Packers never led, but kicked a field goal in the last second!

Packers-23, the Lions-22
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Packers defense looked a little shakey there for a while

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When I lived in Chicago in the 60's and 70's I remember more then a few fights in bars over the Packer/Bear rivalry. My favorite Aunt, who lived in Wisconsin was a huge Packer fan so she forced me to be a Packer fan by extension. I never let on to my buddies in Chicago. And I never told either that I was more of a Cowboys fan. I haven't watched a a game sadly since the Kapershit hit the fan.

I was perusing the news one evening when they showed a bunch of NFL'ers doing a choreographed after touchdown dance in the end zone, REALLY! How ridiculous. In the old days of the NFL, players acted like they had actually been in the end zone before, not carry on like a bunch of women cheerleaders who have never sniffed a touchdown before. How silly.
    soyer38301 and Smitty901 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by soyer38301 View Post
    Packers defense looked a little shakey there for a while.
    Well, I listen to games on the radio, the announcers seem like they know more about the game than the "talking heads" on TV.

But I'll admit, from my perspective they sounded a bit shaky. Eh, a W is a W.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Unhappy

I live in Green Bay too and we all had the flu in my family a month ago. I come from Milwaukee and I find that the drivers here are really crazy like those from Illinois. I never thought I would miss Milwaukee, but I miss all the thrift stores and restaurants we had. Plus the health care up here sucks. They keep trying to send me all far away. I found out there there used to be more Grocery stores but most of them went out of business. I have a teenage son so we need to be near a store which limits my options to move too. Some places have hardly any grocery stores near them. It's ridiculous. My son is autistic and doesn't eat many things so it's hard to keep items on hand for him. For myself I am stocked up on canned and dry goods.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Except for a modicum of tequila in my veins, my heart bleeds green and gold for the Packers. And while not superstitious, I do pay attention to 'The Signs and Wonders.'

For example, I got the stomach flu a few days ago. Then the dog got it. My wife took care of him, and she got the stomach flu. Oy, vey, that's the dreaded "three on a match" if ever there was one...or three.

So I did what had to be done. As you guys know, I am half German and Polish. I got some salt, placed it carefully in my right hand, tossed it over my left shoulder, and I demanded, "Possa te tormentare per sempre l'anima di Mussilini." It doesn't matter whom you curse, you just have to fight evil with evil.

The Pack plays the Lions tonight. I'm not a 'cat person.'

Packers have for the most part avoid the really messed up people in the NFL. They have had a few but seems they got rid of them. Still NFL needs to go.
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links