TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If you watch TV you've come across the scene I'm going to describe. The show has a female lead who fights crime or saves lives ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

Thread: TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder.

If you watch TV you've come across the scene I'm going to describe.

The show has a female lead who fights crime or saves lives with a male partner. In most cases this part is played by Dana Delany, and the running gag is she never has anything in her pockets. You can almost set your watch by the male partner coming into camera range behind her as she says, "I wish I had my knife, this guy is going to die!"

Voila, the male partner always has a folder and he always adds, "It's razor sharp."

I happened to muse about this silly TV banter when I went looking for a knife today that is being profiled. I have four of this model, and one of them is going to be polished to +/-12 degrees. I always have a pocket full of knives, but never one good enough for Ms. Delany. That ends today.

In a very real sense every cop in my little town knows I am a knife salesman. They also know that I carry very sharp stuff more as an advertisement than for a tool. But that doesn't change the fact that if some kid in an accident cannot breath my folder might be the only thing around for a tracheotomy.

So while Ms Delany waits, I'm going to prepare a folder that is sharper than your supposed scalpel. With luck it will sit unused in my jacket until it corrodes from rust. Then again...

If you're into knives, I'd advise you prepare a similar tool. Accidents happen every day.

TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder.-dsc02898.jpg

TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder.-dsc02899.jpg
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The knife is all polished and honed, and yikes, what a scalpel! With a 12 degree bevel this little knife has surpassed all my expectations! I am certain this type of modification would be of major help to a first responder or EMT.

TV shows and the "second banana" with the folder.-dsc02901.jpg
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Sponsored Links