Being Dead - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Being Dead

This is a discussion on Being Dead within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I told my husband I don't want some friggin' cocktail party at the wake like you mostly see these days. Make sure they're all on ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Being Dead

Super Moderator

I told my husband I don't want some friggin' cocktail party at the wake like you mostly see these days. Make sure they're all on their knees, praying for my soul, rattling their rosary beads.

I am composing a list of witty wisdoms to be read at my funeral

#1.. no matter how nice the hand soap smells never walk out of a public restroom sniffing your fingers
    Annie, Elvis, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I told my husband I don't want some friggin' cocktail party at the wake like you mostly see these days. Make sure they're all on their knees, praying for my soul, rattling their rosary beads.
    That's the beauty of being a Lutheran... Well before my baptism (or even my birth), Lord decided where I was going. So when I peg out, I want my friends and family to spend the day of my memorial working harder than they have ever worked before to care for their progeny and forget about my sorry ass.
    Smitty901, Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Now, you guys might laugh about this, but I'm more worried about the ultimate place for my colors.

As some of you might know, your colors belong to the MC. I wouldn't mind being buried with mine, but then, it's perfectly legal for a club enforcer to show up and "liberate" mine.

I'll be in Heaven, so maybe I won't care one way or 'tother.
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

My father often said save the tears for the living the dead do not need them. If I die today no regrets . The Lord has blessed me with an amazing life , the path it took was sometimes long and confusing. Some times a little nudge to get me back on track some times a major kick in the but .
    Affairs are in order, I have to often seen the down side of not taking care of it correctly.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Smitty, as you know my "affairs" are also in order. That being, I have no affairs. My wife wears only pristine jeans, and my boots don't fit her. She has her own firearms, although she'll probably inherit mine--all but the 3-inch .45 ACP 1911. That one kicks to hard for her, but I told her it's worth 1,400 bucks, so she'll probably sell it to buy clothes.

For those of you who are not yet near 70 years of age, let me tell you how the changes go.

First, be glad if you have your health, your strength and all your marbles. I am always mistaken for being in my early fifties. Watch your diet, lay off the booze--totally--and get your sleep. As I've stated, I once saw a bent elderly man in front of me in a line. When asked about his age, he gave them a number one year earlier than mine! Keep lifting at the gym, you'll need to keep the muscles you have.

And this is a personal opinion--learn some form of martial art (and a form of marital arts, too). Muggers prey on older folks, your weapon and a bad attitude might save you from a beating.

Massad Ayoob used to keep a five dollar bill attached to a matchbook. If troubled for 'spare change' he would throw the book of matches at the potential perp. Sometimes a thug wants to see how much money you're carrying.

I think it would be ironical if my head ended up on one of my own finely crafted Pikes!
    Prepared One and Inor like this.

@Annie, I have about two dozen automatic knives. Tell me what you like, and I'll tie an "inheritance tag" on it. I'll even check the edge and make sure it has the requisite "kitchen utility" edge on it.

Besides, even if I only leave my wife 23 automatic knives, that's more than enough to sell and get a trip to Aruba...
    Annie likes this.

Well, I have had a good full, if somewhat colorful, life. I have lived way past my expectations and way to long for some peoples comfort. I am good with that. And after I am dead it won't matter to me what is said and what's done.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Well, I have had a good full, if somewhat colorful, life. I have lived way past my expectations.
    In a few months I'll be 70 years old. I look at myself in the mirror and I cannot believe the truth of that statement. Then again my maternal grandfather and two aunts lived past 93 years of age. I, too, have achieved all my desires and expectations. Well, I never dated Dinah Shore, but I was kid then.

Now the question is, "Do I want to live in The Millennial World as a geezer?"

Before it gets too late in life, I think the geezers should form a "Gray Mans' Militia" and start whittling down the odds...
    Prepared One likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links