Sometimes, the magic just finds you.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Sometimes, the magic just finds you. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; OK, not prepper-related. But I just came inside from my back yard picking up a few limbs that had fallen so I'll be ready to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Sometimes, the magic just finds you.

OK, not prepper-related. But I just came inside from my back yard picking up a few limbs that had fallen so I'll be ready to mow tomorrow. What I used to call my back yard is currently a Magic Garden.

A gozillion monarch butterflies have graced my little Green Half Acre this evening. Most of them were still in the air, but it's far too dark for my cell phone to get a decent video. This photo is the best I could do.

I couldn't help but just stand there in amazement. Totally enchanting and mesmerizing. I wish I could share it better with y'all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sometimes, the magic just finds you.-monarch-migration.jpg  

I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

The monarch butterflies larvae only eat milk weed. I have made it a point on my land that milk weed is not to be cut or killed off and should be encouraged to row. I have an area about 3/4 of an acre that we are try to make mostly Milkweed.
    After the larvae stage they eat a lot of plants and like fruit trees.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

There's plenty of milkweed on the other side of the fence behind me. It's a farm field.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I love Butterflys!

Did you ever want to just catch them and let them fly around and land all over you?

Well don't because butterfly's also land and fly around shit on the ground.
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-19-2019 at 08:20 PM.

We get nice ones attracted to our Lantanas. I took this pic a few hours ago. We get a few Monarchs but never got in their migration path or whatever they do. lol.
    Sometimes, the magic just finds you.-butterfly2.jpg
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.

I love Lantana's too @bigwheel !

One time I planted about 10 Lantana plants near the firepit and those little bastards took over the next couple of years! Sumbitches grow like crazy.
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-19-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    bigwheel likes this.

I've noticed more butterflies this year than any year I can remember.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Who would have thought that a bunch of testosterone filled, gun loving evil men could be so giddy about butterflies! Hahaha Liberals are stupid!

P.S. I like butterflies too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I love Lantana's too @bigwheel !

One time I planted about 10 Lantana plants near the firepit and those little bastards took over the next couple of years! Sumbitches grow like crazy.
    These have been well behaved so far. They seem to make a nice low and colorful ground cover around the edge of the cement pond. They do make some good butterfly magnets. Drew in a hummingbird moth a year or so back..which I had never seen before..or maybe saw it and didnt know what was it. . Now that is one odd critter. Its a moth that thinks its a hummingbird.
    https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/po...ird_moth.shtml
    Smitty901 likes this.

I put a lot of plants that attract the Butterflies as well, my wife calls them Flutterbies. I feed the hummingbirds as well. I get them in August here. Now, the Butterflies aren't very good to eat, but the hummingbirds are great on the grill for appetizers with a nice hot honey dipping sauce.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links