Disposing of bad gasoline
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Disposing of bad gasoline within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Several years ago we got ahold of some bad gasoline. Everyone in town did, apparently b/c the guys at the shop noticed a rash of ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Disposing of bad gasoline

Several years ago we got ahold of some bad gasoline. Everyone in town did, apparently b/c the guys at the shop noticed a rash of lawn tractors and such coming in with clogged carburetors. They stated asking folks where they were getting their non-ethanol gas and every one said the same place.

We still have four 5-gal containers of it. We could use the containers. What's the best-- and yes, environmentally friendly b/c we're not killing the large mouth by dumping it in the lake-- way to dispose of it? We've thought about using it on burn piles but the guys who manage those usually do a much slower burn than would be started with gas.

As I said, it's been sitting for years.

Let it evaporate. Or mix a bit of oil with it and burn it that will lower the flash point
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

Let it evaporate.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Bon fire or Molotov cocktails. Always fun to put in plastic bottles and throw in fires for that little extra flash. Won't take long to get rid of.

SGG

Funny I am in the exact same situation as you. I recently started working on a project again that I started three years ago. Needless to say this fuel smelled nasty. $80 in gas cans just to hold bad fuel haha

I was told I could take it to a recycling center, I have not tried to look up any info about that yet

There is/was a guy who made white gas lantern fuel by distilling unleaded gas on an electric hotplate.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    There is/was a guy who made white gas lantern fuel by distilling unleaded gas on an electric hotplate.
    I hope he has good insurance !!
    0rocky, jimb1972 and Smitty901 like this.

Dump it in an oil recycling tank it will mix right in.
    Last edited by KUSA; 09-17-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    0rocky and Smitty901 like this.

Forgot to make explicit that it has sediment in it. Anyway, how long do you think it will take to evaporate?

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Get rid of your gas and router problems...Kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited by hawgrider; 09-17-2019 at 06:45 AM.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links