The Search for Off-Grid Land, The Dream Begins
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The Search for Off-Grid Land, The Dream Begins within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Cabin Build, EPISODE 1 This Girl in the Woods is awesome. Upper Mich? Hmmm, looks nice. She can get north of 3 acres for a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Search for Off-Grid Land, The Dream Begins

Super Moderator

Cabin Build, EPISODE 1

This Girl in the Woods is awesome. Upper Mich? Hmmm, looks nice. She can get north of 3 acres for a little over 8K....What do you think?

"But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I think she better plan on cutting tons and tons of firewood. Winter is a bitch in da U.P. She better buy a couple sleds too she will need them.

and then when winter is over She can welcome in the black flies LOL

Meatchicken sucks tell all your friends.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

The Good Cop

Yoopers talk funny, too.
    My late son in law was a yooper.
    hawgrider likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Can't live off 3 acres of good land. 40 maybe. 1/2 cleared.

you will still pay taxes to the Detroit toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Cabin Build, EPISODE 1

This Girl in the Woods is awesome. Upper Mich? Hmmm, looks nice. She can get north of 3 acres for a little over 8K....What do you think?

That chick is Brooke from the Alone History Channel reality series where they drop off 10 or so "survivalists" in some remote place and the person who lasts the longest wins $500k.

I think Brooke did one season with her husband and one season by herself. She seems to be a pretty competent outdoorsman.

All us old resort salemen know how to show an up..how staying in our cabins for forty per night was cheaper and safer than sleeping in their own. It just takes the facts and figgers how much it costs...to get water...sewer..electric etc.
    0rocky likes this.

What do I think? Well, Annie, in my humble opinion, I think those are the dumbest earrings I've ever seen. Just saying, as the kids say.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

3 Acres of land will not provide wood very long term for heat and it get darn cold there. Be-careful most folks doing this stuff on you tube are fakes it is all for show and hits to get paid.
    That shed is made of gypsum board that clearly has been wet. It won't be of real long term use without a lot of work.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 09-16-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Marica and Chipper like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Here in Tennessee we have game, very mild winters, pretty brutal summers and you can get land for about 2k per acre. The more you buy the less it is. 3 acres is fine provided you border BLM land, state park land, private hunting clubs, stuff like that. my 150 acres is completely landlocked and surrounded by huge parcels of hunting preserve. One jackball with a 5 acre strip that loves to poach, but that's it. Very, very quiet. I wish you the very best. Let us know how your search goes. I am about to embark on a large metal building, a bigger tractor, solar arrangement and other improvements.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Sounds like you have some lovely [email protected]@

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links