2nd Gen Preppers: Proud Mama
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 2nd Gen Preppers: Proud Mama within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; At some point, all three of our girls were in Donian's path. Have two in NC-- one downeast, about to get the brunt of it. ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By Marica
  • 3 Post By csi-tech

Thread: 2nd Gen Preppers: Proud Mama

At some point, all three of our girls were in Donian's path. Have two in NC-- one downeast, about to get the brunt of it. She chided me. "Mom, don't call me to tell me there's a tornado warning in the middle of a tornado warning! I'm in the bathroom. I get notifications!"

So I've been blogging about the storm and in the last post I did I asked, "Daughter C & The J-Man, Miss M. if you’re reading this, how about telling us what’s going on in your part of the world?"

To which Daughter C replied:

2nd Gen Preppers: Proud Mama-screen-shot-2019-09-05-8.15.21-pm.jpg

I could not be more proud of them. They are taking responsibility for themselves. Miss M even has a few hundred feet of paracord stashed away. Just in case.
    Slippy, Rellgar, Denton and 4 others like this.

My wife was pregnant with #2 and toting #1 in a baby seat in our 1990 Pontiac Grand Am as I lead the way in a '69 Hurst Olds. I just separated from the Navy and we were traveling through hurricane Hugo from the Virginia coast back to Tennessee. Never happier to see a Holiday Inn near Roanoke. Still not sure how we survived.
    Denton, The Tourist and bigwheel like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I'm getting my wife and daughter up to speed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Great you are looking out for your loved ones. I do the same with my family here. Communication is a valuable tool.

I need to look into getting a nice HAM radio set up with my dad so we can communicate if the grid goes offline.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Great you are looking out for your loved ones. I do the same with my family here. Communication is a valuable tool.

I need to look into getting a nice HAM radio set up with my dad so we can communicate if the grid goes offline.
    I've have six Boafeng radios sitting on my desk. Have a good book to study for the test. Even have someone who offered to help. But I've seriously dropped the ball on HAM. Need to pick it up.

Sponsored Links