Burying Guns - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Burying Guns

This is a discussion on Burying Guns within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack And when you dig it up, are you going to have a vise and a pair of large channellocks ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Burying Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    And when you dig it up, are you going to have a vise and a pair of large channellocks to open it?

Eh... I'd stick with glue-on caps. I've heard of far too many threaded fittings failures even with teflon tape and silicone.
    I doubt opening a seized threaded cap would be any more difficult to open than one sealed with glue. You are going to likely saw it open either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RedLion and MaterielGeneral like this.

I'd also recommend the inclusion of silica gel or other moisture absorbent packs and then applying a liberal coating of lubricant to your firearm. I'd hate to unearth my pistol/rifle only to find something resembling a civil war relic because the gun was encased in a moisture rich environment. Might as well include some ammo as well. No sense scrounging around for misplaced ammo. I know I've had the perfect hiding place in my shop only to discover the place was so perfect I could no longer find my 'treasure'.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Call me silly, but why bury guns to hide them from the gubbamint? If they start going door-to-door in a wholesale confiscation (which they won't, but that's another thread), wouldn't that be reason enough to USE it instead of burying it? If you bury it, then what? Are you ever gonna dig it up? if so, when are you gonna dig it up? Won't it still be illegal then? Or are you simply going to sit back and let others take one for the team?
    Denton likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Call me silly, but why bury guns to hide them from the gubbamint? If they start going door-to-door in a wholesale confiscation (which they won't, but that's another thread), wouldn't that be reason enough to USE it instead of burying it? If you bury it, then what? Are you ever gonna dig it up? if so, when are you gonna dig it up? Won't it still be illegal then? Or are you simply going to sit back and let others take one for the team?
    You don't bury your only gun silly. You bury your extra gun. The gun you bought just to bury as a fall back. Yes you use your first gun but I wouldn't do it alone. They will take you out and not work up a sweat doing it. Network, network, network. Know your militia's. Know your veteran's and other patriots. Do some kind of training. If you are not familiar with military training then get a Warrior Skills common task manual. If we do not unify, they simply can go door to door getting you one by one.
    0rocky, SOCOM42, Denton and 1 others like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Glue no screw!!!
    First hand I saw what happened with screw on's
    After a friend died, we dug up his stash, one cylinder contained a 1911, 10 mags and 500 rounds.
    Water leaked in and destroyed it all, was in the ground for about 10 years at the time.
    The glue capped ones were fine, the damn things were all in a casket!!!!
    Denton, MaterielGeneral and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    If we do not unify, they simply can go door to door getting you one by one.

Speaking of which. Didn't big brother come door to door after the militia standoff with the Bundy's at the game reserve? If I remember right they killed an un armed guy and then waited and then went door to door and arrested a bunch of militia members. Tactically sound but I still think they were a bunch of bitches.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I make my own in my shop using a gaggle of illegals!

Hey Slip,how many is a gaggle?.
    Slippy likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

I agree completely. Don't use screw on caps. Also, if it is at all possible bury your guns under a pile of metallic junk in case anyone searching your place for guns uses a metal detector. Throw some dehumidifiers into your gun container as well. The guns should be cleaned and well oiled before being buried. The Army used to use Cosmoline grease but cleaning that stuff off is a nightmare.
    Growing your own food is like growing your own money.

While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is the refuge of fools and zealots.

If you aren't preparing to live, you're preparing to die.

Hidden Content

And when you dig it up, are you going to have a vise and a pair of large channellocks to open it?

or a saw. once you dig it up you probably will not be burying it again

al

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links