Why Sweden is encouraging citizens to become preppers.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why Sweden is encouraging citizens to become preppers.

This is a discussion on Why Sweden is encouraging citizens to become preppers. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Birds do it, bees do it, know it looks like even Swedes do it! Dateline explores why disaster prepping has become a government sanctioned pastime ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why Sweden is encouraging citizens to become preppers.

  1. #1
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,084

    Why Sweden is encouraging citizens to become preppers.

    Birds do it, bees do it, know it looks like even Swedes do it!

    Dateline explores why disaster prepping has become a government sanctioned pastime in Sweden, but who or what are they afraid of?
    Answer in a word: Russia.

    Denton, Marica, soyer38301 and 1 others like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    2,670
    Sweden had better hope that Russia never wants its territory, because they will take it easy enough. Sweden has been a nation of weenies for 100 years or so; and their males are not viewed as men, or manly. It is a good thing that Russia has all of the icebox territories that they can use; because Sweden would not even be a bump in the road.

    If the government really wanted preppers, they they would issue bolt action rifles to select people.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 08-22-2019 at 05:28 PM.


  3. #3
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Sweden had better hope that Russia never wants its territory, because they will take it easy enough. Sweden has been a nation of weenies for 100 years or so; and their males are not viewed as men, or manly. It is a good thing that Russia has all of the icebox territories that they can use; because Sweden would not even be a bump in the road.

    If the government really wanted preppers, they they would issue bolt action rifles to select people.
    Well agreed with regard to firearms. But the really cool thing about the documentary is how they're training civilians for the national guard. They also showed the underground bunkers their country built back in the 50's which is imo amazing, enough for the entire Swedish nation. But then they let that slide. Now their government is bringing all that back: fixing up the bunkers, teaching preparedness. I'd like to see our government do that much. All our government seems to want to do is take our rights away from us.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    5,262
    I'd be more worried about the violent Muslims they have imported that are raping and pillaging.

    At least the Russians won't put up with that.

  6. #5
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I'd be more worried about the violent Muslims they have imported that are raping and pillaging.

    At least the Russians won't put up with that.
    Agreed that's bad... Although in all fairness the Russians did their plenty share of raping and pillaging post WWII.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    983
    "Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”
    Slippy likes this.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

  8. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    5,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Agreed that's bad... Although in all fairness the Russians did their plenty share of raping and pillaging post WWII.
    At least some of the Russians are still Christians, Orthodox.

  9. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West WI
    Posts
    5,038
    Run and hide only goes so far.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Well agreed with regard to firearms. But the really cool thing about the documentary is how they're training civilians for the national guard. They also showed the underground bunkers their country built back in the 50's which is imo amazing, enough for the entire Swedish nation. But then they let that slide. Now their government is bringing all that back: fixing up the bunkers, teaching preparedness. I'd like to see our government do that much. All our government seems to want to do is take our rights away from us.
    That is a good thing IMHO, and the government should either issue rifles to their NG, or make it simple for an NG member to buy rifles. A good swede should have an AR-15/Mini-14 at home, ready to go. And they should have a .45 Auto too, to keep ready for killing ANY attacker, whether Russian or Swede. I guess that I am saying, they should be more like us.

    I was in the Army and the NG, and I hope that the Swedes use better sense than we do with guns. Having everything in an armory is a really secure way to store guns, but it takes a long time to get everyone to the armory, and then issue the weapons. I just hope that Sweden makes it simple for people to have guns at home too, like a riot gun for instance.
    {PS: that probably ain't gonna happen, but I can hope.}
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 08-27-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    watcher and Annie like this.


  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    5,262
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    That is a good thing IMHO, and the government should either issue rifles to their NG, or make it simple for an NG member to buy rifles. A good swede should have an AR-15/Mini-14 at home, ready to go. And they should have a .45 Auto too, to keep ready for killing ANY attacker, whether Russian or Swede. I guess that I am saying, they should be more like us.

    I was in the Army and the NG, and I hope that the Swedes use better sense than we do with guns. Having everything in an armory is a really secure way to store guns, but it takes a long time to get everyone to the armory, and then issue the weapons. I just hope that Sweden makes it simple for people to have guns at home too, like a riot gun for instance.
    {PS: that probably ain't gonna happen, but I can hope.}
    Do it like the Swiss. EVERYBODY has a weapon and trained.
    MisterMills357, watcher and 0rocky like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top