Honey Harvest
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Honey Harvest

This is a discussion on Honey Harvest within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Thought I’d share our first honey Harvest about a week ago, I hope it’s ok to post, I made the movie myself https://youtu.be/s-wU5NjAxrE...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Clendennan
  • 1 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Honey Harvest

Honey Harvest

Thought I’d share our first honey Harvest about a week ago, I hope it’s ok to post, I made the movie myself
    https://youtu.be/s-wU5NjAxrE

Good job. The only time me and a drunk bohunk farmer friend decided to rob a bee hive...it was not pleasant. They bit the heck out of us. I got stung prob 50 times and thought it was over but I stuck my hand in the pocket of my bib overalls and one of them little bastids bit my finger. Not sure how it go in there. Anyway it was cold weather and we couldnt figure out how to get the honey out of the comb so we had to call and wake his granny up at 4 AM. She said put em the oven so we did. Come daylight we were in pretty bad shape and never did come up with any honey. Now we buy it at the store.

Super Moderator

Get a shotgun mike. Edit out the panning around. Focus the topic. The video would have been shorter but that would have been a good thing.

Beekeeping might not sound like a topic that would make for an exciting video but it is. A friend has sixteen "stacks" as I call them and it's crazy! He has three different kinds; I only remember the Russians because I call him a Commie for having a bunch of Russian girls on his property.

Keep up with the beekeeping. That honey is gold!
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good to see your bees are doing well . Honey bees have taken a hit and numbers are down
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Heard that. Whats the latest on the bees dying off? We have some kinda bees around here that look like honey bees but a bit longer and not as fat. They buzz around the bird bath all day and arent too skittish of people. Dont seem to want to sting anybody. They are also a bit blander in color..not near as vivid as most bees but the same general color scheme..only muted. Hope they aint some kinda monstrosities that has been colllecting pollen over at the nuclear waste dump.

Super Moderator

Bees in Alabama are doing well. I have several friends who are doing the bee thing and all is very well.
    @Clendennan , tell us how to prevent swarming. Better yet, would you consider doing a video?
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

As a kid I still remember all the fear about the killer bees from South America which were headed our way. I'm still waiting. The media made a big fuss about it for quite a while.

Joe

Good job mister. Beekeeping is an awesome science to practice. the fresh honey makes it all worth it

Sponsored Links