The Government WILL confiscate everything you have - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Government WILL confiscate everything you have

This is a discussion on The Government WILL confiscate everything you have within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Even though the federal government has EO's in place to confiscate anything they want during a crisis or emergency, they will most likely not be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Government WILL confiscate everything you have

Even though the federal government has EO's in place to confiscate anything they want during a crisis or emergency, they will most likely not be who you have to worry about. They will go to large industrial factories and sea ports where the real stockpiles are. They don't want or need our cans of tuna or Dinty Moore. They will not be going door to door raiding Americans food pantries. Anyway if a crisis that bad happened they would have their hands full guarding their military interests at home and abroad.

Who you will have to worry about however is local government official's. And unless you're literally in the middle of nowhere, like in some movie, there are local yokels who control the area you live in right now. City, county and state, depending on where you live. When they see they're not getting help from the federal government they will quickly assume control. I could see Mayors, county commissioners, Sherriff's or other local types quickly putting together groups of well armed men.

Remember how local official's behaved during Katrina. Remember that mayor? Remember the New Orleans police chief announcing they were going to confiscate all firearms, then started doing it? There's even video of some local police looting.

When the day comes these type people will utilize everything that town or city has at it's disposal. Many will have access to military equipment. They will go farm to farm and house to house. They will say they are doing it for the 'common good' and leave people with little other choice but to comply. Unless you have a army to fight back they will bulldoze over anyone who gets their way. Some form of that will happen in various towns and cities across America. You won't be able to hide everything from them and you won't be able to fight them.

Ultimately, government in some form will probably be the biggest threat to your survival — either a totalitarian government or smaller fiefdoms where “might makes right.”
    Slippy and phrogman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C.L.Ripley View Post
    ............. You won't be able to hide everything from them and you won't be able to fight them.

Ultimately, government in some form will probably be the biggest threat to your survival — either a totalitarian government or smaller fiefdoms where “might makes right.”
    A few years back, . . . there was a quote going around, . . . the gist of it was "from my cold dead hands............."

Many of us still feel that way.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Mad Trapper likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

There is a standing set of EO's that every new President signs when taking office, to re-authorize them
    Obama didn't think that one up, he signed it just like the Presidents before him.
    Prepared One, dwight55 and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If the government confiscates all 12 of my weapons.. how many will I have left?

Answer: 4 and lots of ammo
    Denton likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    A few years back, . . . there was a quote going around, . . . the gist of it was "from my cold dead hands............."

Many of us still feel that way.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    I miss the last good President.

Name:  Last good president.png
Views: 46
Size:  92.9 KB
    dwight55 and Denton like this.

I agree that local authorities will be the immediate concern. Emergency power protocols are in place locally just as they are nationally, and they won’t hesitate to use them. When preparing, you must take this fact into account and be prepared to deal with it.
    dwight55 and Denton like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I agree that local authorities will be the immediate concern. Emergency power protocols are in place locally just as they are nationally, and they won’t hesitate to use them. When preparing, you must take this fact into account and be prepared to deal with it.
    Katrina is a prime example.....
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Several years ago, in a TV interview on a Florida station just a day after a hurricane hit, a FEMA official let it slip that they can take supplies from anyone that has more than three days worth and give them to people who have none.
    I don't exactly see them going door to door, though.
    Denton and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Several years ago, in a TV interview on a Florida station just a day after a hurricane hit, a FEMA official let it slip that they can take supplies from anyone that has more than three days worth and give them to people who have none.
    I don't exactly see them going door to door, though.
    But they'll merrily go from well-stocked door to well-stocked door if you know where said well-stocked doors are. This is why you STFU about what you have.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    But they'll merrily go from well-stocked door to well-stocked door if you know where said well-stocked doors are. This is why you STFU about what you have.
    My strategy... has been and will continue to be ... severed heads firmly placed atop well made Pikes.

Should any of these flunky's have confiscation in mind, just HEAD on over...
    Last edited by Slippy; 08-23-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Denton likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links