2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

This is a discussion on 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy Well my my little kitty cat....you sure are being an obstinate little Calico today aren't you. If you don't ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Well my my little kitty cat....you sure are being an obstinate little Calico today aren't you. If you don't think I know the difference between para cord and det cord you don't know me. The point was simply one about people thinking they know better and me opting to er on the side of caution.

Now settle down there sunshine and play wit your mousey thing...
    Translation: I got nothing.

Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But it's another thing to make unsubstantiated claims. And yes, some of us DO 'know better'. But good of you to play.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Translation: I got nothing.

Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But it's another thing to make unsubstantiated claims. And yes, some of us DO 'know better'. But good of you to play.
    hmm...your the one doing tests with DC saying its AC and telling folks its all the same....I'm just saying what I know and have seen. Your trying very desperately to troll my little post and prove how much you know...and when that doesn't work you take a statement out of context, making an inference that is asinine, and then again trying to be the smartest kitty cat in the room. If there is anything shown in this series, its how much free time you have on your hand and a strong desire to be right.
    Does kitty need to be told "she's a good girl?" Ok. Your such a smarty kitty....c'mere....cliq...cliq...cliq.... come get some cat nip Sasha....cliq....cliq...cliq.

I knew right away...someone throws a big ball of string out into the forum.....that a real kitty cat would have to come out and play.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

hmm...your the one doing tests with DC saying its AC and telling folks its all the same....I'm just saying what I know and have seen. Your trying very desperately to troll my little post and prove how much you know...and when that doesn't work you take a statement out of context, making an inference that is asinine, and then again trying to be the smartest kitty cat in the room. If there is anything shown in this series, its how much free time you have on your hand and a strong desire to be right.
    Does kitty need to be told "she's a good girl?" Ok. Your such a smarty kitty....c'mere....cliq...cliq...cliq.... come get some cat nip Sasha....cliq....cliq...cliq.
    Well, it's an open forum. You're more than welcome to submit your own evidence. Apparently, all you've got is the say-so of someone using det cord. Yet, all you can do is start bashing people.

Obviously you do not understand the fundamental differences between AC and DC, you don't understand amperage is still amperage, you don't understand the significance of a megohm meter.

I'm not taking ANY statement you made out of context. You stated that, above 1000 volts, paracord conducts current. I proved it doesn't. All you are capable of is attacking me. How petty of you. I have no need to display any 'strong desire to be right'. I prefer to present facts and the truth. Not innuendo and childish remarks.

I have no doubt you believe you're right. Now all I'm asking you for is to PROVE it.

Man up, grow a pair and try. I await with baited breath. Baited with cheese, of course.

Well, it's an open forum. You're more than welcome to submit your own evidence. Apparently, all you've got is the say-so of someone using det cord. Yet, all you can do is start bashing people.

Obviously you do not understand the fundamental differences between AC and DC, you don't understand amperage is still amperage, you don't understand the significance of a megohm meter.

I'm not taking ANY statement you made out of context. You stated that, above 1000 volts, paracord conducts current. I proved it doesn't. All you are capable of is attacking me. How petty of you. I have no need to display any 'strong desire to be right'. I prefer to present facts and the truth. Not innuendo and childish remarks.

I have no doubt you believe you're right. Now all I'm asking you for is to PROVE it.

Man up, grow a pair and try. I await with baited breath. Baited with cheese, of course.

Well Back Pack....I'm just gonna end with the way I began. It is part of the SF training to understand that 550 cord becomes conductive at above 400 volts. Much like water becomes conductive at certain voltages. I threw out a safety statement, that unless your an idiot you wouldn't try to tie onto High Voltage power lines with para cord. You essentially came back and said naw...naw...nonsense DC is the same as AC...but let me leave you with this little point....

If the OP never tries to use paracord as a tie down to power lines above 400 volts, because I said its a bad idea then they will experience no negative effect if I am wrong. You on the other hand can get someone injured if you are wrong. So yes its an open forum...and you can try to disprove what I said all you want. Like I said before I'm telling you what I have seen, you can do your test and say what you want but how about just telling the OP something they can do with paracord that won't possibly get them hurt.

Back Pack Hack says its safe to use Paracord as an insulator.... OSFG disagree.... Now move on with your life lil kitty.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

....nonsense DC is the same as AC...........
    Well, no I didn't. Perhaps you should review the thread. Here, let me help you.

Yes. Huge difference between AC and DC.

1000 volts DC is ALWAYS at 1000 volts. AC ain't. It goes to 0 volts 120 times a second.

Nice try. Please play again.

If the OP never tries to use paracord as a tie down to power lines above 400 volts, because I said its a bad idea then they will experience no negative effect if I am wrong. You on the other hand can get someone injured if you are wrong. So yes its an open forum...and you can try to disprove what I said all you want..
    Which I have. But your ego won't let it go.

Like I said before I'm telling you what I have seen, you can do your test and say what you want but how about just telling the OP something they can do with paracord that won't possibly get them hurt..
    Um... again, I NEVER SAID THAT.

Back Pack Hack says its safe to use Paracord as an insulator....
    Um, and once again.... I never said that. I simply stated it doesn't conduct current. Now you resort to making claims about what I said due to your lack of reading skill.

OSFG disagree.... .
    That's fine. But you just can't prove it.

Now move on with your life lil kitty.
    Sure thing. I won't waste any more of the forum's bandwidth. You know what they say about arguing with an...... no, I won't say it.

Lesson for today: you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Super Moderator

OK. I'm gonna weigh in - once.

I don't know the conductivity of paracord but I do know it can get wet/damp (water is pretty conductive) and it can get imbedded with filth which can be conductive.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Well, no I didn't. Perhaps you should review the thread. Here, let me help you.

Which I have. But your ego won't let it go.

Um... again, I NEVER SAID THAT.

Um, and once again.... I never said that. I simply stated it doesn't conduct current. Now you resort to making claims about what I said due to your lack of reading skill.

That's fine. But you just can't prove it.

Sure thing. I won't waste any more of the forum's bandwidth. You know what they say about arguing with an...... no, I won't say it.

Lesson for today: you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.
    rice paddy daddy and Slippy like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    EE GADS, MAN! I'm in Mississippi!
    Of course. Real Southern Women drive trucks.
    that's something Yankee men have a hard time with.
    Denton, inceptor, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

@Back Pack Hack ....meow....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links