2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

This is a discussion on 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy Alright then bad dawg...go run you a line across a 1000 volts of "AC" an see if your still ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Alright then bad dawg...go run you a line across a 1000 volts of "AC" an see if your still standing...big difference from AC to DC.
    Yes. Huge difference between AC and DC.

1000 volts DC is ALWAYS at 1000 volts. AC ain't. It goes to 0 volts 120 times a second.

Nice try. Please play again.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    The 750 mil spec I won is from Tough Grid. ?? mil spec means military specification, right?
    I buy all my cord from the Army surplus and it is 550. Good strong cord. Not sure I have seen 750 but I think @Smitty901 gave you the dope on it. And yes, Mil Spec usually refers to a military specification. The military loves specifications.
    Marica likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

2000 ft of 750  Mil Spec paracord-dscn7154.jpg
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    So I won 2nd place in the Survival Blog writing contest last month. I am now a lifetime Diamond Member of MyFrontSight in Nevada. (Cool but pretty useless.) Also an emergency kit, gift certificate to some solar stuff (very cool), and some other stuff. But the most exciting thing is two 1000' spools of this paragord stuff is on the way to the farm. One spool in mixed camo, the other in neon orange.

Now. I ask you folks. Just what does one do with 2000' of Mil Spec paracord? I see that I could make a hammock out of it but as the heat index here in Mississippi is about 115 or so, I have no desire to retreat to a hammock.

Thoughts?
    First of all congrats! Can you share what you wrote so I can read it? But to your question. I use paracord all the time. Aside from having various lengths rolled up in my different bags, I use it to hang my shooting plates sometimes, I use it to secure certain lengths, by wrapping around another item that I may need, like a poncho or something to that effect, I've used it as temp guide wires on an antenna, I use paracord to hang small objects that I paint, like different AR parts, I've used it in an old apron that goes around the neck and back when painting or using chemicals, to a belt. I replaced the string in my sweat pants with paracord, if I need to tie something down in my truck I'll use paracord. Then there's all the cool stuff that's been posted. You can learn how to make paracord bracelets or whatever, (Although I am far too impatient for that. There are really a ton of uses. Anytime I need to use cordage, I'll use paracord because I know it's breaking strength and it does take to knots quite well. I use it to wrap around the handle of hiking sticks, I wrap it around the grab handles on my bags. Oh yeah I've made more than one rifle sling out of paracord when the sling on my M4 or SBR has been damaged or otherwise repurposed.

ETA if you ever use a hiking stick and want to know how to make a paracord handle that will NEVER come off (Unless you purposefully remove it) let me know I can describe the process and throw a few pics in.
    Last edited by Robert the Texan; 08-15-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Smitty901 and Marica like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert the Texan View Post
    First of all congrats! Can you share what you wrote so I can read it? But to your question. I use paracord all the time. Aside from having various lengths rolled up in my different bags, I use it to hang my shooting plates sometimes, I use it to secure certain lengths, by wrapping around another item that I may need, like a poncho or something to that effect, I've used it as temp guide wires on an antenna, I use paracord to hang small objects that I paint, like different AR parts, I've used it in an old apron that goes around the neck and back when painting or using chemicals, to a belt. I replaced the string in my sweat pants with paracord, if I need to tie something down in my truck I'll use paracord. Then there's all the cool stuff that's been posted. You can learn how to make paracord bracelets or whatever, (Although I am far too impatient for that. There are really a ton of uses. Anytime I need to use cordage, I'll use paracord because I know it's breaking strength and it does take to knots quite well. I use it to wrap around the handle of hiking sticks, I wrap it around the grab handles on my bags. Oh yeah I've made more than one rifle sling out of paracord when the sling on my M4 or SBR has been damaged or otherwise repurposed.

ETA if you ever use a hiking stick and want to know how to make a paracord handle that will NEVER come off (Unless you purposefully remove it) let me know I can describe the process and throw a few pics in.
    Thanks! I'll post the links at the end of this. It got split into four parts (I think) and I don't get the copyright back until the end of this month.

So paracord it is! I did not know that the bracelets are intended to be functional. Wear a paracord bracelet, etc., and always have it on your person in case you need it. I though that was cool.

I do have several hiking sticks and would love to know how to wrap them. Thanks!

I gotta say, at first I clearly did not know what I was going to do with all of it. Now I wonder if I won't be buying more!

https://survivalblog.com/including-o...ica-bernstein/

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Yes. Huge difference between AC and DC.

1000 volts DC is ALWAYS at 1000 volts. AC ain't. It goes to 0 volts 120 times a second.

Nice try. Please play again.
    well I will say your partially right...and it is that pulse that causes the issue....I can play this game all day.
    inceptor likes this.

well I will say your partially right...and it is that pulse that causes the issue....I can play this game all day.
    And what part of physics means that 'pulse' will cause the issue?
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.

And what part of physics means that 'pulse' will cause the issue?
    I had an old demo guy. SF engineer, trained in all the math...and I told him one day. I wouldn't do that if I were you cause the det cord will sensitize and possible go off on your next shot. He told me how stupid I was and explained the math t me...but I still made him cut the det cord from the spool and move the spool away from our bunker.

Second shot blew that det cord all the way up to were he cut it. and he said "Thats not supposed to happen"...I will tell you the same thing I told him. Once you've seen it cat....your an idiot if you try to explain it away. I've seen it exposed to 500 volts AC and I saw it arc and splatter melted vinyl all over the damn place. Want to tll me it didn't happen....ok. Want to tell me it can't happen....ok.... I'm just passing on some observations. You tell folks to use 550 cord as an insulator all you want....I won't.
    rice paddy daddy and inceptor like this.

I had an old demo guy. SF engineer, trained in all the math...and I told him one day. I wouldn't do that if I were you cause the det cord will sensitize and possible go off on your next shot. He told me how stupid I was and explained the math t me...but I still made him cut the det cord from the spool and move the spool away from our bunker.

Second shot blew that det cord all the way up to were he cut it. and he said "Thats not supposed to happen"...I will tell you the same thing I told him. Once you've seen it cat....your an idiot if you try to explain it away. I've seen it exposed to 500 volts AC and I saw it arc and splatter melted vinyl all over the damn place. Want to tll me it didn't happen....ok. Want to tell me it can't happen....ok.... I'm just passing on some observations. You tell folks to use 550 cord as an insulator all you want....I won't.
    Wait... what? You're comparing detonation cord to paracord? That's like saying Play-Doh explodes because it looks like C-4.

Wait... what? You're comparing detonation cord to paracord? That's like saying Play-Doh explodes because it looks like C-4.
    Well my my little kitty cat....you sure are being an obstinate little Calico today aren't you. If you don't think I know the difference between para cord and det cord you don't know me. The point was simply one about people thinking they know better and me opting to er on the side of caution.

Now settle down there sunshine and play wit your mousey thing...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links