2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

This is a discussion on 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Well, ya said farm so I took a stab. Again, you are correct, Sir. Just your basic F150 crew cab littered with dog hair....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 2000 ft of 750 Mil Spec paracord

Well, ya said farm so I took a stab.
    Again, you are correct, Sir. Just your basic F150 crew cab littered with dog hair.
    Last edited by Marica; 08-13-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Really? Conductive? You're funning me, right?
    as in electric current will run through it and not only electrocute, but it also add insult to injury by melting that nylon outer sheathing to your skin.
    RedLion, Smitty901, Denton and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    as in electric current will run through it and not only electrocute, but it also add insult to injury by melting that nylon outer sheathing to your skin.
    Fluke 1507 megger, pumping 1052 volts through just a couple inches of 550 paracord. After 60 seconds (standard test for 1000v), it still tops the megger out at 11 giga-ohms. Essentially, it's not allowing any current through.

2000 ft of 750  Mil Spec paracord-paracord-megger.jpg

So either the 400v claim was done with cheap paracord (lots of 'filler' that may be conductive and isn't true, genuine 550), or paracord that intentionally has something in it that's conductive (GIOD, reflective threads, etc). Myth busted.
    RedLion likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It makes great work boot laces. They only last about 6 months or a year, but at the price, who cares?

The stuff is pretty stretchy. As I recall, you are located in New Jersey so you might consider making a slingshot to shoot all of the muslims back to New York...
    RedLion likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

I keep plenty of paracord on hand and in my trucks GHB's. It comes in handy at times. Don't buy the knock off crap.
    RedLion likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    It makes great work boot laces. They only last about 6 months or a year, but at the price, who cares?

The stuff is pretty stretchy. As I recall, you are located in New Jersey so you might consider making a slingshot to shoot all of the muslims back to New York...
    EE GADS, MAN! I'm in Mississippi!

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I keep plenty of paracord on hand and in my trucks GHB's. It comes in handy at times. Don't buy the knock off crap.
    The 750 mil spec I won is from Tough Grid. ?? mil spec means military specification, right?
    Prepared One likes this.

The mil spec used for years was 550 Mil-Spec . 750 mil spec must be at least offered as a stronger version. I was unaware the military had issued a standard for it. 550 cord is said to have breaking strength, sometimes in excess of 550 pounds.
    Often lower quality commercial stuff is passed off as mil spec.

Just for a fun read.

http://paracord550milspec.com/wp-con...IL-C-5040H.pdf
    Prepared One likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Just wanted to add, may not be applicable, but worked with hoists, both electric and mechanical had inspectors come in to certify them. They would check stuff like link stretch of the chain, etc. Bottom line due to liability all hoists of current manufacture, last 20 years, are proofed at 1 1/2 times rated capacity. Sort of like proof testing a barrel. They're good for way more. Explains why Mil vehicles look way over built.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Fluke 1507 megger, pumping 1052 volts through just a couple inches of 550 paracord. After 60 seconds (standard test for 1000v), it still tops the megger out at 11 giga-ohms. Essentially, it's not allowing any current through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paracord on Megger.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	99661

So either the 400v claim was done with cheap paracord (lots of 'filler' that may be conductive and isn't true, genuine 550), or paracord that intentionally has something in it that's conductive (GIOD, reflective threads, etc). Myth busted.
    Alright then bad dawg...go run you a line across a 1000 volts of "AC" an see if your still standing...big difference from AC to DC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links