f*^#ing deer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

f*^#ing deer

This is a discussion on f*^#ing deer within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; It's enough to make me cry. Short of getting a special deer damage permit, I've done just about everything I can think of. Going to ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: f*^#ing deer

f*^#ing deer

f*^#ing deer-07260022.jpg

f*^#ing deer-07260023.jpg

It's enough to make me cry. Short of getting a special deer damage permit, I've done just about everything I can think of. Going to go look at options at TSCo.

Ideas?
    Slippy likes this.

Dried blood works great. So does lead at high velocity.

Dried blood an organic source of nitrogen ( 12/3/0). Price has gone up 3X since Mad Cow. Used to be bovine blood , now it's all pig/porcine blood. Small bags are $$$, get 50 lbers from farm supply places. $60-80 USD/50 lb.

Sell the extra produce to Muslims

It keeps off most varmints: deer , woodchucks, rabbits, even mice/voles. But it washes off with each rain. I sprinkle with some water first, for a sticker, then use a small cup to sprinkle on the fruits/veggies. If It don't rain lasts for 1-2 weeks.

Otherwise high and/or electric fence.

If you are rural, a bunch of outside dogs works too.
    Slippy, hawgrider and redhawk like this.

I’ve tried everything. The only thing that works is either a bullet or a tall fence. I have 5 and 6 ft. tall fences around my gardens and they work well. But they ain’t cheap. I also have a suppressor coming. Draw your own conclusions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You do not need fencing.... just tall poles with some line / wire run between them about 2 foot apart. I have seen fish line work

Frank's Brilliant Update to Fishing-Line Deer Fencing - vomitingchicken.com
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    You do not need fencing.... just tall poles with some line / wire run between them about 2 foot apart. I have seen fish line work

Frank's Brilliant Update to Fishing-Line Deer Fencing - vomitingchicken.com
    Maybe for deer. Won't help a bit for woodchucks, rabbits, mice/voles.

I'm hoping to "recycle" all I've lost to deer this fall.

Super Moderator

Sorry about that Marcia, we have the same problem here.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Dogs work best for me and I planted a couple of blueberry bushes far away from my garden to send the deer over to the blueberries and not my garden.

I also have a corn feeder down by the backstop of my range to get the deer comfortable coming to the backstop of the range.

When I NEED to harvest a few of them, I'll go the blueberry patch or the range and shoot the little bastards. Can't stand deer and not really a big fan of deer meat either and I'm a helluva cook!

The southeastern US is over run with the little sons of bitches...
    bigwheel and Marica like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Dogs work best for me and I planted a couple of blueberry bushes far away from my garden to send the deer over to the blueberries and not my garden.

I also have a corn feeder down by the backstop of my range to get the deer comfortable coming to the backstop of the range.

When I NEED to harvest a few of them, I'll go the blueberry patch or the range and shoot the little bastards. Can't stand deer and not really a big fan of deer meat either and I'm a helluva cook!

Slippy, you have wild porker problems too? Not up here yet.

For the venison, process/clean it quick and cook it rare. Any sinew/grisile grind up into burger with some pork trimmings and spices.

I have more problems with birds and tree rats/chipmunks with my berries than deer.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

Sounds like somebody might need to watch a frefresher on the Bambi movie.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    You can try blood meal, human hair also hang bars or pieces of ivory soap in a onion sack may help detour them.
    Slippy likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links