Electrified Harley????

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Electrified Harley????

This is a discussion on Electrified Harley???? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I know we have some hard core biker guys among our group and was wondering what you all think of this? Now, I am not ...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Electrified Harley????

Electrified Harley????

I know we have some hard core biker guys among our group and was wondering what you all think of this? Now, I am not a biker and maybe I am old fashioned, but an electric Harley? Just don't seem right I tell ya.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/14/2...cle-test-drive
    hawgrider, RedLion and SGG like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    It will be interesting how they replace the loud pipes. Uh, playing cards in the spokes maybe

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Stupid move Harley is doing trying to capture the millennials that never leave the couch. No real motorcycle man would buy an electric bike.

Id buy rice before I bought anything electric.... And I hate rice !!!!!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Stupid move Harley is doing trying to capture the millennials that never leave the couch. No real motorcycle man would buy an electric bike.

Id buy rice before I bought anything electric.... And I hate rice !!!!!
    I had no doubt of your reaction my friend. Sexbots, electric cars, and Harley's, what has this world come too?
    hawgrider and KUSA like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Well, I'd like to try one, if nothing else.

At my age I've ridden just about everything, and something new might rekindle my interest.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Maybe in a Grid Down scenario if you had adequate solar panels and batteries, an electric motorcycle or vehicle might not be a bad idea?
    https://improb.com/best-electric-dirt-bikes/

Me? I'd rather have an electric ATV with adequate hauling capability and 4WD in a grid down situation.
    https://www.atv.com/products/electri...uide-1625.html

And it's a Harley. I doubt that the designers are going to copy a Honda and alienate all their potential buyers.

I live in suburbia, and our garage has numerous outlets. I can see riding the bike for fun, and then bypassing the gas station and simply plugging in the vehicle for tomorrow's ride. That, and the garage won't smell like fuel and gasoline containers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    And it's a Harley. I doubt that the designers are going to copy a Honda and alienate all their potential buyers.

I live in suburbia, and our garage has numerous outlets. I can see riding the bike for fun, and then bypassing the gas station and simply plugging in the vehicle for tomorrow's ride. That, and the garage won't smell like fuel and gasoline containers.
    You been picking and eating soy beans again? To much of that and you will become a soy boy. Please eat a rib-eye we would hate to lose the knife guy at PF from soy starvation.
    Prepared One, Marica, SGG and 2 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Hawgrider, I've ridden every Super Glide, Sportster, and Honda Four made. I was also one of the three guys in Madison to buy the new 1979 Honda CBX. If it had wheels, I rode it.

The bike that stole my heart was a 2010 black, four gallon 1200 Sportster Custom.

Click on the picture to enlarge.

Electrified Harley????-001.jpg
    hawgrider and SGG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Hawgrider, I've ridden every Super Glide, Sportster, and Honda Four made. I was also one of the three guys in Madison to buy the new 1979 Honda CBX. If it had wheels, I rode it.

The bike that stole my heart was a 2010 black, four gallon 1200 Sportster Custom.

Click on the picture to enlarge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	99183
    Never rode anything bigger?
    Last edited by hawgrider; 07-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links