Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry?

This is a discussion on Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am ready.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry?

I am ready..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry?-wepaut.jpg  

Slippy, Marica and tuffy_chick_13 like this.
    Agure Aut Mori

Yesterday evening was glorious here in north central Mississippi. Temperature when husband was grilling tuna? 71. That's a typical overnight low this time of year.

Today it is raining. And I'm looking at the *models* forecasting rainfall and they are-- 'cuse the language-- full of fucking shit. They forecast rain to move straight up through Louisiana. I can look at the radar and storm rain accumulation on RadarScope from Shreveport and nothing. Look at Jackson or Columbus, MS, or Memphis and it's covered.

Yesterday I checked out a Bourbon Street web cam. I did not see the 10-20" of rain falling.

Re: generator. Only ethanol free gas. Crank it up once a month, plug in two deep freezers. Let it run. One thing we did learn the hard way was that it's nice to have a generator, but it's even nicer to have the correct number of various lengths of extension cords to run where you need them. When the lights are off is no time to be wondering where the cords all are!

Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry?-generator-network.jpeg

It appears that New Orleans did not get the amount of rain that the meteorologists forecasted. The North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain appears is still flooded and Baton Rouge and areas west and south of I-10 appear to be flooded.

Mississippi seems to have taken the brunt of the storm and the rains continue according to the various weather related channels. Some are predicting that it may take a day or two as the rivers and tributaries start to drain potentially causing flooding.

Who knows, but we will see...
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-14-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Denton and Prepared One like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well after that close call with a Tornado I can safely say I need to make a bag or something. I’m not as ready as I thought I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post

Re: generator. Only ethanol free gas. Crank it up once a month, plug in two deep freezers. Let it run. One thing we did learn the hard way was that it's nice to have a generator, but it's even nicer to have the correct number of various lengths of extension cords to run where you need them. When the lights are off is no time to be wondering where the cords all are!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generator network.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	864.2 KB 
ID:	99165
    I only use ethanol free gas on all my small engines. From generator to lawn mowers to chainsaw to weed eater, etc.
    The generator only gets fueled IF i need it. And if I do, then I'll let the gas sit in it until the end of hurricane season.
    Then, not only is the tank drained, but the carburetor float bowl is removed, cleaned out, and carb/choke cleaner is sprayed into the jets and the fuel inlet. The needle float valve is removed and cleaned.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Who's getting ready for TS / Hurricane Barry?

Well I think I have a small bag/caddy to put a couple things in like a flashlight and a book. I am thinking of getting a set of chewy bars or something of that order to put in there as well. But I get cold easily so what else could I put in it to help me stay warm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tuffy_chick_13; 07-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links