Is a Bunker Reasonable? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is a Bunker Reasonable?

This is a discussion on Is a Bunker Reasonable? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; With out diving into the location of where you are at I would want to own the land it is on, make sure it is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Is a Bunker Reasonable?

With out diving into the location of where you are at I would want to own the land it is on, make sure it is paid for and not up for collateral on anything. I’d prefer it not to be in a town but outside at least 3 to 5 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple of practical reasons to have a bunker besides the obvious. First, if it well hidden, when the local thugs decide to come to your home and liberate your supplies while you are gone for the weekend, your bunker supplies will still be there. And second, especially in California, when the inevitable wildfire burns everything in it's path, including all the homes and businesses in your area, your bunker supplies will still be there. I could think of a few more but I'm off for more tequila.

Consider this: A mobile home or modern wood frame home with beautiful vinyl siding are NOT bullet proof. On top of that, to defend yourself an attacker knows you will be behind a window. Now consider how you would go about defending your family if need be.

Many times we shoot from the hip in supplying answers without really knowing the real facts & assumptions of a particular problem and end up giving an answer where One Size Fits All when that may not be correct. We are all guilty of this including myself.

If I lived in the country in a mobile home you're damn right I would want a bunker!
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-10-2019 at 06:47 AM.
    Smitty901 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Now this might sound a tad cruel, but it is a concern to me. I do not like strangers in my home, be they cops or intruders. I intend to keep them all out.

Both entrances to my home have a wide section of concrete--it hoses off quite well. Even if a thug gets into my home by only a few feet, that means the interior is already "a crime scene." Then factor in the stench of an intruder, liquor on his breath, and the reeking of cigarettes, and frankly this kind of misanthrope is never getting into any enclosure where I sleep!

If someone intends to invade my home for any reason, he dies on the outside, on the concrete. If the coroner wishes to chalk his body--he does it outside--and the cops can do any investigation prescribed by law--outside.

If your asking yourself if I would coldly drop an intruder to stave off a stain on my carpets, well, the answer is "yes."
    KUSA likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Now this might sound a tad cruel, but it is a concern to me. I do not like strangers in my home, be they cops or intruders. I intend to keep them all out.

Both entrances to my home have a wide section of concrete--it hoses off quite well. Even if a thug gets into my home by only a few feet, that means the interior is already "a crime scene." Then factor in the stench of an intruder, liquor on his breath, and the reeking of cigarettes, and frankly this kind of misanthrope is never getting into any enclosure where I sleep!

If someone intends to invade my home for any reason, he dies on the outside, on the concrete. If the coroner wishes to chalk his body--he does it outside--and the cops can do any investigation prescribed by law--outside.

If your asking yourself if I would coldly drop an intruder to stave off a stain on my carpets, well, the answer is "yes."
    And you can thank Gov Walker for the right to drop the BG on the pouch and not have to wait until he was inside with a gun to someones head. Of course the new gov has plans to wipe all that out.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    And you can thank Gov Walker for the right to drop the BG on the pouch and not have to wait until he was inside with a gun to someones head. Of course the new gov has plans to wipe all that out.
    Our new libtard governor is not going to get as many "touchy-feely" acts into law as he might think. Our state congress is mostly Republican, and so far there hasn't been any changes that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Our new libtard governor is not going to get as many "touchy-feely" acts into law as he might think. Our state congress is mostly Republican, and so far there hasn't been any changes that I know of.
    Well he just stuck it to us on the budget by using the line item veto to add spending. It was only meant to allow cutting spending. He gave teacher union a huge bank roll for getting him elected. We worked over 20 years to get the the CC law passed Doyle stopped us twice but Walker got it in to law. We are very near losing it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well he just stuck it to us on the budget by using the line item veto to add spending.
    Yes, that is the topic on our local talk radio. How do you add something be way of a "veto." A veto is a vote to end an issue or a piece of legislation, it is not a clearing house for bizarre additions. Especially when it comes to new costs.

Smitty, the GOP representatives are smarter than this quack. Wait until the libtard floats a new project with very steep costs. That issue will have to pass through the GOP group. My guess is that they are going to veto anything the governor wants, or at least halve the costs His Honor feels he needs to load onto the back of the citizenry.

The GOP didn't get their jobs because "the sky is the limit." They have been trimming exorbitant costs since Governor Scott Walker took the reins. I think this new clown is a pretender to the throne.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links